Navigation Screen Repair/replacements

Hey DCFISH,

My navi screen just went out. It appear to be working just the touch function isnt working. Been reading around and it seem i just need to replace the screen and your the person to go to.

my email is mtran1983@gmail.com please let me know what we could do to solve the problem.

Car: Lexus IS 350 With ML 2006

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

dcfish,

I have a IS350 w/ ML and the screen has stopped responding to touch. When trying to use it, the screen acts as if I've pressed the same location no matter where I touch. Tell me what part I need to fix my navi and how much if you have one available. Email cpsmith516 at gmail dot com

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

DC,

This seems to be a common problem, my touch screen in my '08 ES 350 is cracked, dealer wants to charge $3000 to replace just the screen, everything works...the screen is crystal clear, some of the touch functions work, but anyway, do you have a screen at a much cheaper cost than the dealership, please help

my email is: marvinewing@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2002 LX470 and someone accidentally ran a 10' piece of 3/4" PVC pipe from the back of the car to the front and hit the NAV screen. Broke the plastic touch cover and the display behind it. The display was made by Toshiba and the footprint and performance is industry standard. BUT, Lexus specs the system and buys it through Denso, and Denso specs the display and buys through Toshiba. Even with the part number I cannot find out anything about that display. And even if I had the display I could not get the touch screen since they don't sell it separately. It turns out that insurance covered it through comprehensive so I was out $500: the cost installed was $9300.

Suffice it to say that Toyota Lexus is comfortable with raping its customers. I recently had my car serviced at a dealership for a brake issue. They gave me a complementary cleaning and used some sort of cleaner on my new NAV screen and took off half the anti-glare coating. Of course they denied all responsibility so my only recourse is legal and it's not worth it.

So, these are the types of challenges that you're up against. There is probably a market for a replacement part made of gorilla glass with an anti glare coating if someone wants to take that on. If there is a source for these bezels I'd be happy buy a replacement, just not from Toyota as they're way too fragile.

Also, if your touch screen is dead it is probably the optical ring around the screen, not the screen itself. To my knowledge they do not use touch capacitive technology, it is optical with LED transmitters on one side of the screen and receivers on the other to sense where you finger is. If your screen is partially dead, look for dirt or grime blocking the receiver of sensor on one side. If your screen is totally dead it may be the whole ring itself or the circuitry that drives it. Hope this helps

• 1 month later...

hey dcfish,

just wanted to know if you can help me. i have a is350 that i am about to purchase with the navi problem. how much would a screen cost shipped to florida and would it be somthing easy for me to replace. my email is brian5601@hotmail.com

thanks for your help

• 2 weeks later...

I have an 08 lexus IS350 and my touch function has stopped working on my screen. Only time the screen has somewhat of a response is when I'm on the navigation screen and I touch it and it keeps going to the right. I have navigation with bluetooth and rear backup camera and everything integrated. Anyone have a clue what I need to do or DCFish do you possibly have a replacement screen? My email is marfel915@gmail.com

Thanks in Advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

• 2 months later...

I have a 2006 IS250 recently touch screen stopped responding. It is stuck on the language selection menu.

Buttons on the left and right side (climate, menu etc.) show up on the scrren but cant select anything on screen. The backup camera works.

After the $129.99 diagnostics, lexus dealership cant fix the problem. Suggetsed $3000 fix (replacing the unit)

Do I need a new LCD screen? Has anyone else had this issue before?

Noticed these parts on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/...50 touch screen

Any recommendations for getting this fixed in San Diego or Los Angeles?

Nish, I repaired my touch screen following another instructional topic on this forum. If you can remove the touch screen and drop it off with me, I may be able to repair it for you. Takes a day or so. I'm in the Oceanside area.

• 2 months later...

OK, Not sure if you have any for this, but I just bought a 2012 IS250C, I did not get the nav/cam/ system, can it be installed? Can I upgrade to having one? Do you have one?

My email is scott.philbeck@us.army.mil

• 3 months later...

dcfish,

I have an '06 IS 350. I went out of town for the weekend and upon my return I noticed that touchscreen on the nav unit stopped responding. Everything works except the "touch" function. I was hoping you could help me out with this problem, because when I went to the dealership they want to replace the unit with a refurb unit and charge me $1300. That's just ridiculous especially since I didn't do anything for it to stop working in the first place. Any help will be greatly appreciated, my email address is shanu786@gmail.com Thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

My IS 250 Navigation Touch Screen stopped working as well. It seemed to be very similar to every other Lexus owners symptoms and resulting scenario with the dealer (SHAME ON YOU LEXUS). Rather than pay the dealer $2500+ to have the entire Nav system replaced, I found a company in Van Nuys, CA that offers a service to replace just the touch screen, which if you've read all the threads is the real issue. I just had them pull the entire Nav/Radio unit out of my 2007 IS250, replace the touch screen and reinstall the unit. I am fortunate enough to live close enough to drive the car to them so they could do the entire job, but if you are too far away, they will help answer questions to remove the unit yourself (they even have a video on YouTube with how to remove the unit here.... www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DIcwVnj88VU ), send the unit to them for repair, then return it to you for reinstallation. They said they do approximately 2 or 3 of these per week! People have been driving from Oregon and Nevada to have the screens replaced. In addition, used car dealers bring their Lexus Nav systems to them for repair as well.

The new screen they put in is perfect, looks and works great, and the entire process took just 2 hours!!!! Here's the best part....the cost for removing and reinstalling as well as the parts and labor were in the $600 range. Not only that, they are VERY nice people that care about quality. Below is their contact information. I HIGHLY recommend them! Best of Luck!

HiTech Electronics

7049 Valjean Ave

Van Nuys, CA 92406

Tele: 818-785-8085

Web: www.hitechserv.com