Navigation Screen Repair/replacements

My Navigation screen is cracked on my IS350. Everything else works except the touch screen. What is the replacement cost? Has anyone gone through this? Lexus is saying a replacement is about $8k. Is it possible to just get the touch screen replaced without having to buy the entire system? Any advise would be great.

Thanks.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Navigation screen is cracked on my IS350. Everything else works except the touch screen. What is the replacement cost? Has anyone gone through this? Lexus is saying a replacement is about $8k. Is it possible to just get the touch screen replaced without having to buy the entire system? Any advise would be great.

Thanks.

I'll check to see if I have one left ;) What's your email ?

Thanks.

Yes, I have a nav screen for you. I can not PM you (you do not have enough posts yet ) Need your email.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Thanks.

Yes, I have a nav screen for you. I can not PM you (you do not have enough posts yet ) Need your email.

dcfish,

I have a 2006 IS250 and my navigation touch screen stopped working. The dealer told me it needed to be replaced for $1200.00. Do you have a screen that is cheaper?

Thanks.

dcfish,

I have a 2006 IS250 and my navigation touch screen stopped working. The dealer told me it needed to be replaced for $1200.00. Do you have a screen that is cheaper?

Is there something that led up to the screen failure ? Any and all details are appreciated and helpful. Leave your email.

I have a 2006 IS250 and the my touch screen stopped working on the audio/nav system. The local dealer told me the only way to fix it was to replace the screen. The repair cost was $1200 for a refurb screen installed. Does anyone know where I can get a screen cheaper?

I have a 2006 IS250 and the my touch screen stopped working on the audio/nav system. The local dealer told me the only way to fix it was to replace the screen. The repair cost was $1200 for a refurb screen installed. Does anyone know where I can get a screen cheaper?

I will see if I have one.

dcfish:

Hi, I have a 2008 IS 250 and my navi screen is cracked, I think more than just the first layer of glass is cracked. Looking at the screen, you can only see a small part of the screen because it looks like the liquid leaked in the screen, I can see a big black stain in the screen. And the left side of the screen is pushed all the way over to the right side and only about 2 inches in viewable.

Can this be repaired?? Or does it have to be replaced?? Thanks for your help.

dcfish: Hi, I have a 2008 IS 250 and my navi screen is cracked, I think more than just the first layer of glass is cracked. Looking at the screen, you can only see a small part of the screen because it looks like the liquid leaked in the screen, I can see a big black stain in the screen. And the left side of the screen is pushed all the way over to the right side and only about 2 inches in viewable. Can this be repaired?? Or does it have to be replaced?? Thanks for you help.

Sounds like the screen itself needs to be replaced, However there could be more internal damage.

dcfish: Hi, I have a 2008 IS 250 and my navi screen is cracked, I think more than just the first layer of glass is cracked. Looking at the screen, you can only see a small part of the screen because it looks like the liquid leaked in the screen, I can see a big black stain in the screen. And the left side of the screen is pushed all the way over to the right side and only about 2 inches in viewable. Can this be repaired?? Or does it have to be replaced?? Thanks for you help.

Sounds like the screen itself needs to be replaced, However there could be more internal damage.

Hello,

DCFISH please help me in my IS I have got broken touch screen, display shows everything but I cant choose any option, can You help me?? I live in Europe and would like to buy a replace screen, or maybe You can tell me if I can use only this touch layer taken from Toyota Prius MFD?? I ve got professional soldering iron, with option air soldering and many other stuff. In my country I can buy display from prius '04 for 100USD but dont know if fits...

I cant PM You http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/style...default/sad.gif

please contact me at

kamil@nospam.najlepszemodelki.pl (remove nospam. )

BR

dcfish:

So what is recommend to do? To change the whole navi screen/unit or can it be fixed??

And can you help? Do you have a replacement or if it can be fixed can you fix it?

• 2 weeks later...

DC,

I have an '09 IS250 without the NAV system and the Lexus dealership said that one could not be installed into my car by them. Are they right or wrong? If wrong, do you have one and how easy is it to install? I do not have the ML system. Thanks.

• 1 month later...