Trunk Struts

LC6529

Has anyone tried replacing their trunk struts?

My 2002 SC 430's trunk will not stay open, it looks like the struts might not be too hard to replace but I have a habit of underestimating how hard something can be...

Also, how much are struts?

Note: This only affects opening the trunk, the power top works perfectly...

My 2002 SC 430's trunk will not stay open, it looks like the struts might not be too hard to replace but I have a habit of underestimating how hard something can be...

Common problem buy them on ebay for about $60

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I just bought a 2003 SC430 and the trunk lid only goes up about an inch when you press the button. Isn't it supposed to raise several inches like on my wife's Toyota? Thank you, Tom G.

No our cars do not push the truck open automatically. It basically just unlocks the the trunk so we can open it.

• 1 month later...

I purchased on ebay for about $30 and installed. It took longer than expected. The clips were somewhat difficult to get on towards the bottong of the strut. If you use a towel in case clip falls off and have someone else help, you should be able to do it in less than 30 minutes. The struts were identical to the originals which I removed from the car. Good luck

• 3 weeks later...

I purchased on ebay for about $30 and installed. It took longer than expected. The clips were somewhat difficult to get on towards the bottong of the strut. If you use a towel in case clip falls off and have someone else help, you should be able to do it in less than 30 minutes. The struts were identical to the originals which I removed from the car. Good luck

I purchased mine from ebay for $50. Installed during the roof opening, stopped the sequence 1/2 way. this allowed easy access to both top and bottom of assembly.

• 5 years later...