Removing Minor Windshield Scratches

You might not be able to do much...

Thanks for your response Steve, I appreciate your taking time to do it. My scratches are more like spider webbing on paint. Anyone know of anything short of replacing the windshield that could help?

Actually, yes..... go to your phone book and look up a glass/mirror mfgr in your area. The ones that can do custom size glass and mirrors for your home. They have a pink powder stuff that you mix in with water to make a glass polishing paste. They use it for pilshing the edges and for removing scratches on mirrors and glass all the time. (It's better than just throwing scratched glass away all the time.) Then you apply it with a polishing wheel on your drill. Be careful though, that stuff can be aggressive. Just keep the pressure light and stay patient. I've fixed some glass scratches before with great results.

Actually, yes..... go to your phone book and look up a glass/mirror mfgr in your area. The ones that can do custom size glass and mirrors for your home. They have a pink powder stuff that you mix in with water to make a glass polishing paste. They use it for pilshing the edges and for removing scratches on mirrors and glass all the time. (It's better than just throwing scratched glass away all the time.) Then you apply it with a polishing wheel on your drill. Be careful though, that stuff can be aggressive. Just keep the pressure light and stay patient. I've fixed some glass scratches before with great results.
Great suggestion Smooth. I'm in the process of pursuing it. I'll keep you apprised.