93 Can't Pop Trunk Unless Fuel Lid First

shawn_es

Is this a common problem. The trunk lid does nothing UNLESS i hit the the fuel fill lid first (then the nuisance of closing the gas lid!). This actually did not occur until after taking it in to have the door handle fixed. They deny it's related to their having taking apart and reassembling the door panel assembly. hmmm

What a coincidence huh that your trunk switch stopped working after the shop took the door panel off. Oh no, it couldn't be related at all.:chairshot:

I would pull the door panel off again and have a look at the switch module. You could have a short circuit in the wiring or a faulty switch, or perhaps the shop didn't reconnect the wiring harness properly.

Sounds like a connector didn't get plugged in all the way.

I hope it's easy for you to find. I'm sure it will be.

Then go in to the guys who "fixed" your door handle and ask them if this their usual way of doing business. Denying responsibility.

Then go find a new shop who understands the relationship of removing a door panel and having something come disconnected.