Remote Starter Installation

Marty Witt

Has anyone installed a remote starter/alarm on their SC400? If so, how difficult? Do you have the wiring diagram? How difficult was it to wire. Is the bottom of the dash on the drivers side easy to remove? etc. I just did a remote start/alarm on a 2002 Honda Civic and it required the a key transponder bypass module, I assume the Lexus would be the same. Any help you could provide would be appreciated

yeah, i need help too. i got the bulldog security reomte starter for x-mas and tried to install it the other day. i couldnt figure out how to remove some of the dash pannals in order to expose the wires from the key hole. could anyone that has had this done or knows how to do it for that matter share some info.

hmmm...I got the bulldog remote start as well, and when I took it to a audio/electronic shop they told me they definately would never reccomend that remote start. They claimed they have seen many problems with them and have stated them to be very unsafe. They also said it would cost around $100 for installation.

I found this link from Bulldogsecurity.com It is the wire colors for the 99-00 SC400. I wonder if this is the same for 95?? I don't know how to make it a link. so you'll have to cut and paste. I will read my Lexus repair manual over the next few days and see what I can dig up on panel removal.

http://bulldogsecurity.com/New%20Wires/New...sc400-99-00.htm

• 11 months later...
hmmm...I got the bulldog remote start as well, and when I took it to a audio/electronic shop they told me they definately would never reccomend that remote start.  They claimed they have seen many problems with them and have stated them to be very unsafe.  They also said it would cost around $100 for installation.

I got the Bulldog for Christmas too. The guys at the local electronic shop told me the same thing. No good, too many problems and they wouldn't stand behind it if there were problems. They recommended the Viper system. Gonna have it installed on Saturday and I can't wait!

My husband is gonna try to put the bulldog on his '02 Dodge Ram. Since he's paying for the Viper and install, I let him have it. B)

I OWN A CAR STEREO/ACCESSORY STORE IN RICHMOND VIRGINIA AND I'LL BE GLAD TO HELP YOU GUYS WITH DIAGRAMS AND STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON REMOTE STARTER INSTALLATION. I HAVE DISASSEMBLED SO MANY LEXUS' I KNOW THEM IN MY SLEEP. FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AT 804 358 9576 OR EMAIL ME AT SAMOHT023@AOL.COM WWW.TINTASSASSIN.COM

• 3 years later...
i was looking for the wiring diagram also..nothing yet. :(

1992-93 Lexus SC400 Alarm, Remote Starter, Keyless Entry Wiring Information

Constant 12V+ White Ignition Switch Harness

Starter Black/White Ignition Switch Harness

Ignition Black/Yellow Ignition Switch Harness

Ignition 2 Black/Orange Ignition Switch Harness

Accessory Pink/Blue Ignition Switch Harness

Tach Black Igniter, Passenger's Fender

Brake Switch Green/White Brake Switch

Trunk Release Black/Silver Driver's Running Board

Trunk Pin Red/White (-) Driver's Running Board