Vehicle Jerks For A Moment

mann777

Recently from a Stoplights, on green, the gear was in "D" I just gave acceleration, the vehicle just jumped bit forward or shud say bit of a jerk, the acceleration rev a bit high and then the vehicle preceded to move, What I mean was the acceleration was not in tandem with the move of the vehicle, Some sort of slip in transmission ( maybe i am wrong) Any thoughts appreicated.

Explanation seems vague, but as far as I can help you, it's either transmission OR the "clunk" problem that most of us GX owners have. When you arrive to a stop at a light, do you feel the jerk also? Or do you just feel it during acceleration? If so, from what gear to what gear?

Explanation seems vague, but as far as I can help you, it's either transmission OR the "clunk" problem that most of us GX owners have. When you arrive to a stop at a light, do you feel the jerk also? Or do you just feel it during acceleration? If so, from what gear to what gear?

Thanks, but this feeling is only at a stop signal, the gear is in D mode, And when I gave acceleration, the vehicle jumped ahead, and there is a loud noise from rear like a THUD, and i deaccelerate, and then give accelration slow and the vehicle then picks up, If it is the clunk, My dealer at Greenville had completed the TSB of replacing the Upper/Lower/Drive shaft. Surprising if the clunk is come out again, as now I am out of warranty. :o

While coming to a stop, this does not exist, as while braking i feel the brakes are pulsating, maybe a skimming has to be done on the plates.

Hi Dens I have a query I am attaching a detail part diagram of the Rear Contol Arm Assy ( Upper & Lower ) & Rear Propeller Shaft Assy And Rear Shaft Housing. I just want to know what exact part is changed if and when the clunk are reported. Please see the attached diagrams and let me know.

post-21708-1225787140_thumb.jpg

post-21708-1225787168_thumb.jpg

post-21708-1225787288_thumb.jpg

That doesnt sound like the cluck but it could be related to the cluck TSB. Did the probelm started after the TSB. Of course, it can be the tranny too.

Yes, never had this problem before or until i purchased this car....now coming to your reply"cluck TSB" what is this tsb. could you tell me more about it, I have got all the TSB and one of them is the clunk, never heard of this one.. could you please throw some light. I made some inroads with some techy guys and most of them say even if lexus has replaced these, and after some period this problem does arise again*** Lexus has just taken a spin on the TSB issue by temprorily solving it., it is of no use to replace the drive shaft... best possible option is the greasing one. ( two special type - lithium and the molybendium sulphide) on the yokes. need all members who could contribute their views,opinions,ideas. thansk for the support

Ask your Lexus tech to find out when the cluck TSB was done on your GX, if its not the lastest one, ask them to performed the lastest one which was release last 2 years ago. The earlier 2 TSB did not fix the problem permenatly.

Ask your Lexus tech to find out when the cluck TSB was done on your GX, if its not the lastest one, ask them to performed the lastest one which was release last 2 years ago. The earlier 2 TSB did not fix the problem permenatly.

Would anybody have a copy of this TSB, appreiciate if you can or some member reading this post email to me at mann68@gmail.com

I think the lastest one was release in 07 and the TSB # is DL002-07.

thanks "G" i will quote to the dealer at Westside with the TSB no:- as above , But still If anybody reading this article, do post

the copy, as dealer would refrain doing the same job twice, as also if the car is outside the

warranty limits. The one earlier TSB carried out has considerable failed, and it is back to square one with the clunk, which is now a nuisance to ride along with the friends or family. Offlate I am avoiding to use this SUV and use alternate one, and wait till the job is carried out.

Also G I would like to know why is the control arm been replaced along with the propeller shaft, To my knowledge ( maybe I am wrong) the Control arm are replaced to avoid vehicle pull to the side if any or if at all if travel speed is above 55-75mph, there is a bit of vibration. Is there any reason this is been replaced. I had recently concluded the dimensions on the new models, they are very close, maybe we are talking about miniscule mm difference, except the bush with the rubber look different. .

Please share your views

Hey sorry for the late reply. When the clunk was done, do you remember what kind of driveshaft they replaced it with? I know Lexus came out with 4 different driveshafts (and I went through all 4 of them) before they were able to solve the clunk (with some other parts to be replaced also like the control arms, etc)...

I have a copy of the TSB on the top of the GX forum (with page number included also) but I'm not sure if it's still the same TSB number they use (it should be since they didn't change the TSB fix)...