How To Reset Change Oil Light?

poncherello

I started using the maintenance system on the navigatyion screen and got the change oil indicator as expected. When I reset the data info for the next change the light did not go out. Am I missing something here? I have since turned off the maintenance schedule and the light still stays on. How do I turn this darn thing off....it's rather annoying to see it everytime the car is on. Thanks

I started using the maintenance system on the navigatyion screen and got the change oil indicator as expected. When I reset the data info for the next change the light did not go out. Am I missing something here? I have since turned off the maintenance schedule and the light still stays on. How do I turn this darn thing off....it's rather annoying to see it everytime the car is on. Thanks

Bueller Bueller Bueller

Look in the manual. It's in there but it is hard to find.

I did, it said that the light would go off when I reset the oil change data or disabled the maintenance schedule. I did both and the light remains on. I'm going to disconnect the battery this weekend and see what happens.

Here you go:

-With the car started (ignition on), set the LCD odometer readout to total mileage (not trip A or B).

-Turn the car off.

-Push in AND HOLD the button/knob that switches the odometer

-Put the car in ACC mode (push start without your foot on the brake). You will notice the maintenance light blink and go out.

-Release the odometer button/knob.

-Turn the car off.

Here you go:

-With the car started (ignition on), set the LCD odometer readout to total mileage (not trip A or B).

-Turn the car off.

-Put the car in ACC mode (push start without your foot on the brake). You will notice the maintenance light blink and go out.

-Turn the car off.

Thank you, I will give it a try! BTW, is that the button on the steering wheel or the knob that resets the trip odometer?

Well, I tried this several times last night and the light didn't go out. I tried while starting the car, I tired while in ACC mode, I tried with the ODO knob and with the button on the wheel. No luck. I'm just going to disconnect the battery this weekend.

Here you go:

-Turn the car off.

-Turn the car off.

This is mostly correct. On the ES350 only, you must have the trip meeter set to Trip A. All other models require it to be set to odometer.

Here it is:

Turn ignition on and set trip meeter to Trip A

Turn off ignition

Push in and hold the button that switches the odometer from miles to Trip A to Trip B

While holding the button in, keep your foot off the brake, and push the start button twice to turn the vehicle to ACC mode.

The center of the dash will display 5 boxes that will illumiate and then go off. This means it is reset and you can let go off the odometer button. It must be done exactly like this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

• 1 year later...

Here are 2 very helpful videos on How to Reset Oil Maintenance Required Light on a Lexus

How-to Video 1 is from a 2006 Lexus GS300

How-to Video 2 is from a 2010 Lexus ES350

Both have similarities, I'm sure that by watching both you can figure out your particular Oil Light Reset for your Lexus. I've personally used the GS Oil Reset Video at least twice from my iPhone after an oil change, or getting my car back from the dealer.

Good Luck!

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...