Aftermarket "keypad Entry" Source ?

GSY

Hello,

My wife and I are just entering into Lexus after nearly 15 years with Ford. I just picked up my 2009 RX 350 and she's next with an ES 350 in a few months.

The Lexus is a far superior product to Ford but the only thing that our Fords had that Lexus doesn't is a keypad entry system on the door handle. Can anyone recommend an aftermarket keypad door system that will work with our Lexus's?

Thank you in advance.

George

I really like Ford's keypad entry system and have enjoyed using it on Fords belonging to my friends and relatives. It always surprised me that the other manufacturers have never offered it...it is a very useful feature.

The only car besides Ford I have ever seen it on was the early '90s Nissan Maxima. I too would be interested to know if there is any kind of aftermarket solution out there.

EDIT: Here are a couple I just found after looking around on the internet. I don't know what they cost, or if they are compatible with Lexus vehicles, but they look interesting.

http://www.keyless.com/vehiclekeyless.htm

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep this site handy when my wife is ready for her ES 350. It really is a nice feature to have once you get used to it.

G.

I really like Ford's keypad entry system and have enjoyed using it on Fords belonging to my friends and relatives. It always surprised me that the other manufacturers have never offered it...it is a very useful feature.

The only car besides Ford I have ever seen it on was the early '90s Nissan Maxima. I too would be interested to know if there is any kind of aftermarket solution out there.

EDIT: Here are a couple I just found after looking around on the internet. I don't know what they cost, or if they are compatible with Lexus vehicles, but they look interesting.

http://www.keyless.com/vehiclekeyless.htm