I Need Help For My Very Sick 2006 Rx330

don55901

I bought this 2006 lexus rx330 online, it have 37K miles , when car arrival, its not as advertised, it like a child with all kind of disease!!! . I brought this car to Toyota Dealer, after couple hour check, dealer charged me $558.00 ( just to check, not for any repair at all ) . here are codes came out:

C1201 , C1223, C1243, C1336, B1206, B1214, B1215, B1261, B1262, B1271, B1281, U0121, U0123, U0124, U0126, P2118 .

I guess I have to fix code one by one. I'm asking for your help to fix each code if any of you know anything or experience about this.

Right now, all light come on, these things does not work: power mirror, climate control center no power, power window can be control from the invidual doors- not from the driver doors, power liftgate does not work, cruise control does not work, hot and cold gauge does not work, any one have any idea? Please help , thanks

:(

I bought this 2006 lexus rx330 online, it have 37K miles , when car arrival, its not as advertised, it like a child with all kind of disease!!! . I brought this car to Toyota Dealer, after couple hour check, dealer charged me $558.00 ( just to check, not for any repair at all ) . here are codes came out:

C1201 , C1223, C1243, C1336, B1206, B1214, B1215, B1261, B1262, B1271, B1281, U0121, U0123, U0124, U0126, P2118 .

I guess I have to fix code one by one. I'm asking for your help to fix each code if any of you know anything or experience about this.

Right now, all light come on, these things does not work: power mirror, climate control center no power, power window can be control from the invidual doors- not from the driver doors, power liftgate does not work, cruise control does not work, hot and cold gauge does not work, any one have any idea? Please help , thanks

Was this a salvaged car that someone fixed up & resold online? Did you get a history repair report on the car before you bought?

Your story makes no sense. This is the wrong forum for your issues. Talk to Lexus, then talk to a lawyer.

You didn't say what the online price was for the car. Also, was it from a private party or a dealer. That may be a factor in what you do and your legal recourses.

It is going to be very, very expensive to fix all of those issues even if it boils down to the onboard computer being shot.

My tendency would be to get out of the deal unless the purchase price justified the expensive of the fixes. Figure $10K as a base for the fixes and then up from there.

Since the Toyota dealer that did the diagnosis has an idea about what is wrong they should be able to detail the parts and labor.

The seller said the car have salvage title due to light front accident and proffesional fixed , passed inspection and run good, he said the car have few minor things that need work. I paid $19.5K for the car as is, hopefully that just couple thousand more to fix minor things. Yes, the car run ex, nothing wrong with the engine or trans, smooth and nice, but climate system does not work, power mirror does not work, power door gate does not work and windows only can control by its side, not from driver side. I bought master swithc for $250.00 replced and it does the same. Since I have Toyota dealer checked, the diagnosis charged to much that I have to pull my car back home because I can not afford more at this moment, I just paid for title transfer, tax.....and Im drained out of money. The lucky thing still left for me is the car runs ,at least can get me back and to work every day untill fix other problems, the big thing Im worry now is how to fix the climate control before winter come... any one have idea? this weekend I will test each fuse and see what going on, yesterday I have the check engine light came off, I will try to do the zero point calibration procedure as seen in this forum to see if I can set the VSC lights off, the airbag light and ABS light also on. I see other member said that this is wrong forum for my topic, is this true? If it is then please tell me where I can post my topic, I thought here is the place where Lexus owner can share good and bad experience about any Lexus that their own, and also can be together short out trouble shooting incase so others can get help without spending a fortune at dealers. not every one who own the Lexus is a millionare. We come to Lexus name just becasue we like the reputation and the beauty of its. I post my post here just to search for help to solve my problem , any idea will help, big or small will be fully appreaciate , I do not come here say anything bad about Lexus because I knew what I got, but I did not expect the "minor things"come over my expectation . Thank you for advice in lawyer and things but at this case I guess I can not do anything at all, because the "salvage title "" rule out all warranty from Lexus. Repair expensive will be from my pocket. My lesson will be a warning for any one who intent to buy a salvage title car. About Toyota dealer, mechanic there said, they still not find out the problem yet, but if I still want them to look more, they have to spend more time to look at that, may be couple days or more and charge is $109.00 hour plus tax and shop supplies if any. I see my bill at this time already $585.00 I dont want they look further because I dont know if I can afford the end of the bill , may be couple thousand just for them to look at that- not to fix, I will try to find out more by myself this weekend at home , do more research, if any one have any idea please let me know. If I have any part fixed then I also will post here incase any one have some same problem they can fix too.

The seller said the car have salvage title due to light front accident and proffesional fixed , passed inspection and run good, he said the car have few minor things that need work. I paid $19.5K for the car as is, hopefully that just couple thousand more to fix minor things. Yes, the car run ex, nothing wrong with the engine or trans, smooth and nice, but climate system does not work, power mirror does not work, power door gate does not work and windows only can control by its side, not from driver side. I bought master swithc for $250.00 replced and it does the same. Since I have Toyota dealer checked, the diagnosis charged to much that I have to pull my car back home because I can not afford more at this moment, I just paid for title transfer, tax.....and Im drained out of money. The lucky thing still left for me is the car runs ,at least can get me back and to work every day untill fix other problems, the big thing Im worry now is how to fix the climate control before winter come... any one have idea? this weekend I will test each fuse and see what going on, yesterday I have the check engine light came off, I will try to do the zero point calibration procedure as seen in this forum to see if I can set the VSC lights off, the airbag light and ABS light also on. I see other member said that this is wrong forum for my topic, is this true? If it is then please tell me where I can post my topic, I thought here is the place where Lexus owner can share good and bad experience about any Lexus that their own, and also can be together short out trouble shooting incase so others can get help without spending a fortune at dealers. not every one who own the Lexus is a millionare. We come to Lexus name just becasue we like the reputation and the beauty of its. I post my post here just to search for help to solve my problem , any idea will help, big or small will be fully appreaciate , I do not come here say anything bad about Lexus because I knew what I got, but I did not expect the "minor things"come over my expectation . Thank you for advice in lawyer and things but at this case I guess I can not do anything at all, because the "salvage title "" rule out all warranty from Lexus. Repair expensive will be from my pocket. My lesson will be a warning for any one who intent to buy a salvage title car. About Toyota dealer, mechanic there said, they still not find out the problem yet, but if I still want them to look more, they have to spend more time to look at that, may be couple days or more and charge is $109.00 hour plus tax and shop supplies if any. I see my bill at this time already $585.00 I dont want they look further because I dont know if I can afford the end of the bill , may be couple thousand just for them to look at that- not to fix, I will try to find out more by myself this weekend at home , do more research, if any one have any idea please let me know. If I have any part fixed then I also will post here incase any one have some same problem they can fix too.

The " more to this story" just surfaced.

The seller said the car have salvage title due to light front accident and proffesional fixed

Ok, they don't issue salvage titles for "light front accidents." Try more like frontal collisions with airbags deployed and subframe damage.

proffesional fixed , passed inspection and run good

Inspected by whom? Seems to me they missed a few things if you have a cel list that reads like the coordinates on a map, and a bunch of non working essential components like windows and climate controls.

And you paid $19,500.00 for a 2006 RX 330 with a salvaged title? That's not a good deal. Here's a 2005 RX with 41K miles, carfax certified, and 1 owner for $19,000.00

2005 RX 330

The best advice I think I can give you at this point is to:

A} try to return this POS and get your money back, or

B}Find yourself a good independant mechanic and just add him to your payroll. B)

It looks like you bought it online without checking it out thoroughly. The tipoff was not only it being salvaged but "a few minor things needs fixing" that would have been a RED FLAG as the seller was hiding a few things that is turning out to be one big thing. If you were buying a salvaged car, a couple of hundred $$ for a good mechanic to inspect the car would have been a good investment. Even if you lived far away from the seller, there are online contracted mechanic service that would inspect the vehicle for you at where ever the car is located at. This is probably advise that you don't want to hear since you already purchased the car. Lexus are great cars but not after its been in a wreck, no cars for that matter. Is there a community college nearby where you live with an auto mechanic classes? If so, check out their auto mechanic program & see if they can help you out. The Junior College where I live has an auto mechanic program where the public can bring in their car to be fixed at half of what regular mechanic charge. And if your heater still doesn't work when it starts to get cold, you can buy a portable 12V heater w/ cigarette plug in the mean time. Good luck.

Salvage titles are issued when an insurance company totals a vehicle, meaning that the cost of the accident repair would be more than 75% of the car's current value.

This car was likely purchased from an insurance company and received a low-budget, low-quality repair to get it back on the road.

Even if you end up taking a loss, my advice is to sell the car and move on, or return it if you have that option. It does not sound like the seller described the car accurately.

If it was fixed by a reputable body shop, it would still be a good car. But, it is obvious that the repair shop who fixed your car cut lots of corners...and I'm sure there are many problems that have not yet revealed themselves.

Salvage titles are issued when an insurance company totals a vehicle, meaning that the cost of the accident repair would be more than 75% of the car's current value.

This car was likely purchased from an insurance company and received a low-budget, low-quality repair to get it back on the road.

Even if you end up taking a loss, my advice is to sell the car and move on, or return it if you have that option. It does not sound like the seller described the car accurately.

If it was fixed by a reputable body shop, it would still be a good car. But, it is obvious that the repair shop who fixed your car cut lots of corners...and I'm sure there are many problems that have not yet revealed themselves.

I agree... Don't bother with trying to fix it... Try and find a sucker to buy it... oops sorry. But if $500 is already breaking the bank, there is no way that you will be able have this fixed, with out spending minimum $5000. So unless you are OK with that, GET RID OF IT!

Thank you for your advice, I did think about have it resale, but I'm not feel comfortable to sell this sick car to some one else and they will be in my situation, I feel guilty... even with lower price. Then I have a friend who knew a very dependable mechanic who can fix this with fair price. At this time, he did fix the cruise control and power mirror, he said he will go to the climate center by next week, "its not easy", he said . He said he have to trace all the line and find out where other problems. Since seller did not tell me what happen to the car ( no reply any email after done ) , it more harder for this mechanic to guess whats might cause all problem. He charge me $30 for each hour ( compare to $109 in dealer ) and tell me he will try his best to keep the bill as low as he can . He said he will try to have it fix so I can have the Rx back before next weekend. I will update infor here later if I know anything new about this, about the problem and how it get fix so other member can have some idea incase it happen to them in future.

Sorry, but I don't buy it. This really feels like we're being Trolled. No one spends $20K on a salvage car, sight unseen, uninspected. No one.

Unfortunately I disagree with you- it's called "ASIBED". I wish for his sake he was a troll, but after spending my life in automotive work I have seen it all. Every dealer prays for customers like this (though I know he didn't buy it at a dealer). Just not knowledgable about the automotive field. MOST people overpay for a car. If you don't believe it, take a car for a test drive and stop by your local Carmax store and see what they offer you for it (not knowing that you don't own it, you're only taking it for a test drive). On average, probably half what you are contemplating paying for it. Sophistication in auto purchasing is not a strong point for MOST people.

Sorry, but I don't buy it. This really feels like we're being Trolled. No one spends $20K on a salvage car, sight unseen, uninspected. No one.

Unfortunately I disagree with you- it's called "ASIBED". I wish for his sake he was a troll, but after spending my life in automotive work I have seen it all. Every dealer prays for customers like this (though I know he didn't buy it at a dealer). Just not knowledgable about the automotive field. MOST people overpay for a car. If you don't believe it, take a car for a test drive and stop by your local Carmax store and see what they offer you for it (not knowing that you don't own it, you're only taking it for a test drive). On average, probably half what you are contemplating paying for it. Sophistication in auto purchasing is not a strong point for MOST people.

I still don't buy the story. $20K, sight unseen, unchecked by 3rd party inspection service. Had to tow car back from Toyota because broke. Paid $20K cash, because I seriously doubt could get financing on a car sight unseen with salvage title.

Tugging on heartstrings. Ask poster for link to online purchase (such as "Items Sold" on ebay). If not a troll, my guess is someone who paid salvage value --insurance co. totalled car so repair estimate exceeded $20K. Yes? Maybe bought for $5K from insurance co. (or maybe partner with insurance adjuster, who "totalled" the car for this purpose). Just doesn't pass the smell test IMHO.

As far as Carmax estimate and gullible customers, my guess is that Carmax would get your license info and vehicle ID#, run an immediate carfax-type check, and see you don't own the car. But I agree that if you had title, the offer would be low.

" I brought this car to Toyota Dealer, after couple hour check, dealer charged me $558.00 ( just to check, not for any repair at all ) . here are codes came out:

C1201 , C1223, C1243, C1336, B1206, B1214, B1215, B1261, B1262, B1271, B1281, U0121, U0123, U0124, U0126, P2118 ."

Also, my experience has always been that when you pay to have a bunch of codes pulled up, you're told what each code means (or probably means) and what the estimate is to fix it.

What does it mean to "Troll"?

Thanks

Thanks

Great irony! Two thumbs up!

here are codes came out:

c1201 = Brake Boost Sensor Circuit Range/Performance or ABS Inlet Valve Coil LF Circuit Short To Ground or Engine Control System Malfunction (VCS lamp ON-RX3) or ECM/TCM malfunction (depends on which scanner they used)

c1223 = Malfunction in ABS control system

c1243 = Malfunction in deceleration sensor (constant output)

c1336 = Zero point calibration of yaw rate sensor undone

b1206 = EIC Switch-1 Assembly Circuit Open

b1214 = Running Board Lamp Circuit Failure

b1215 = Running Board Lamp Circuit Short to Battery

b1261 = Solar Radiation Sensor Circuit Short To Ground

b1262 = Servo Motor Defrost Circuit Failure

b1271 = Servo Motor Potentiometer Defrost Circuit Short To Ground

b1281 = Servo Motor Potentiometer Coolair Circuit Open

u0123 = Lost Communication With Yaw Rate Sensor Module

u0124 = Lost Communication With Lateral Acceleration Sensor Module

u0126 = Lost Communication With Steering Angle Sensor Module

p2118 = Throttle Actuator Control Motor Current Range/Performance

hope that helps.

Thanks

No really you guys what does it mean? Don't make fun of me mccldwll some people are new to this internet talking thing. :)

b1261 = Solar Radiation Sensor Circuit Short To Ground ? ikes. What are driving space shuttles!! lol

b1261 = Solar Radiation Sensor Circuit Short To Ground ? ikes. What are driving space shuttles!! lol

it's a fancy name for thermometer in cars with automatic climate control.

Thanks

No really you guys what does it mean? Don't make fun of me mccldwll some people are new to this internet talking thing. :)

Since you asked a second time, I'll asume you weren't "trolling". I did think your's was a perfect tongue-in-cheek, explain-by-example "troll." Best to just Google it, but: generally, "trolling" is posting something that could be considered simplistic ("what is trolling"), inflammatory ("Lexus worse than Hyundai"), or overly consuming ("what do these 12 codes mean, and how do I fix each one?")--hijacking the discussion. The intent is to jerk around/waste time of people who sincerely want to help.

here are codes came out:

c1201 = Brake Boost Sensor Circuit Range/Performance or ABS Inlet Valve Coil LF Circuit Short To Ground or Engine Control System Malfunction (VCS lamp ON-RX3) or ECM/TCM malfunction (depends on which scanner they used)

c1223 = Malfunction in ABS control system

c1243 = Malfunction in deceleration sensor (constant output)

c1336 = Zero point calibration of yaw rate sensor undone

b1206 = EIC Switch-1 Assembly Circuit Open

b1214 = Running Board Lamp Circuit Failure

b1215 = Running Board Lamp Circuit Short to Battery

b1261 = Solar Radiation Sensor Circuit Short To Ground

b1262 = Servo Motor Defrost Circuit Failure

b1271 = Servo Motor Potentiometer Defrost Circuit Short To Ground

b1281 = Servo Motor Potentiometer Coolair Circuit Open

u0123 = Lost Communication With Yaw Rate Sensor Module

u0124 = Lost Communication With Lateral Acceleration Sensor Module

u0126 = Lost Communication With Steering Angle Sensor Module

p2118 = Throttle Actuator Control Motor Current Range/Performance

hope that helps.

Your not going to have this solved on the forums. You need hands on trace and diagnostics work. Then parts and repair. It's going to be expensive, your just going to have to face it. You have 3 choices to make, 1) Sell it now and move on. 2) Get the money together and fix it. 3) return it or pursue a lawsuit.

I would strongly reccommend selling it, or returning it and moving on. Your only going to have more problems as time goes by. Once a car has this much work done to it, it's never the same. Your allways going to be chasing problems and issues. This is only the beginning. Even after you fix the list of codes you have. In my opinion, this is probably the best advice your going to get. I would give full disclosure, and try to sell it for $12-15k. Let the next person decide for themselves if it's a good enouph deal or not. You'll lose around $5-8K, but you'll have 12K to buy something else.

• 2 weeks later...