Duplicate Key For Es300 99 Model

aparupal

My car's driver side door has a problem in it that if I put the key to open the door it sets off the security alarm so I always has to enter from passenger side.

Since its winter time and I don't have a car port in my apartment, I thought to install a key-less entry and remote starter for my car to save myself from the snow time.

I went to CircuitCity and bought a remote start and key-less entry and got it installed. After installing that, the guy told me that I need a Black key/master key in order to have the remote starter work.

I was given only one key when I bought this car and not sure the guy who sold me the car has any other key for the vehicle.

I called the local Lexus dealer and they said the key would cost around $200 and anotehr $50 for programming the key....

I don't want to spend that much for a key and moreover I have spent $200 for the remote start.

Could some one please suggest me what to do now? Can I ask Circuit City to take the remote start out of my car and refund my money? OR can I get the Lexus key for a cheaper rate? Please help me.....

I started a thread on this RIGHT before you in this Lexus forum and the other one.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=52455

The other forum

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388184

This is how you program a remote.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56782

I have gotten 2 VERY different responses between this forum and the other.

But so far as I can tell in 1998 Lexus STARTED putting transponders in keys.

So you will need your "Master" key to make a new one.

God help ya if you don't have your master key.

I was told Lexus can "Will you" (charity) a new ECM ($1,000) 1 time for each Lexus but you have to pay 2 hours labor to install it.

If you lost your master key, this is your only option, THEN you will have to have a Master key made (~$150)

You can get a blank off Ebay but make SURE it has a transponder in it.

Then you can try to find a local locksmith that does it....so far I'm in the

Chicago burbs and I found 1 that does it for $75 and I bought a non transponder key for $11 shipped.

I have a 99 ES300 myself. I don't know why you need to buy a keyless entry. All Lexus come with that.

As for the key, a NEW master key can be made, even you don't have one. Contact Sewell Lexus. I think they are in Texas or somewhere there. I have them made a master key for me before because I only had one key when I bought my car from someone. All you need to do is call them and fax them your car registration and driver license to show proof of ownership. It was like $50 + shipping. Tell them you want a master key, not a valet key.

Ask for programming the key, look for the instructions on this forum. I found the instructions here before, and they worked without the master key. It involves with pressing the gas pedal, press the door lock release and turn the key a few times in some sort of sequences. It was like 10 min programming, not 2 hours + $200 labor! Some of these dealers should be jailed or executed for charging people like this.

Thank you Aceshigh!!!!

I live in Chicago area tooo...

Can you please tell me where from you got the uncut key for $11?

As for my case some one suggested me on the Club Lexus forums that I am good if I have a key (need not get it cut) and programmed since its going to stay in the car with the remote starter. If you can suggest me where to get that uncut key @ 11$, I'll try to get one for me as well.

I saw your thread on Club Lexus and did some search on ebay but I couldn't find one that is suitable to me.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Thank you, homemechanic for your post!

I Google'd Sewell Lexus and found their website (www.sewellpartsonline.com).

They are charging me $57 for the key (for Valet and Master keys, the price is same) and I believe it includs the shipping costs.

I will try order for a key from the website

I got a master key from ebay, had it cut by a local locksmith, programmed it according to the instructions that came with the key. No problems. You should be able to get the key cut by almost any locksmith, not a hardware store or Walmart.

Dave T