Wheel Bearings

Does anyone know how much a front wheel bearing replacement would cost (at a dealership) for a 2001 Lexus GS430? My car has developed an intermittent, low humming sound. I don't know if it's my tires or if its the bearings. Also, could bad bearings in the front make a creaking/cracking sound when turning at low speeds??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Does anyone know how much a front wheel bearing replacement would cost (at a dealership) for a 2001 Lexus GS430? My car has developed an intermittent, low humming sound. I don't know if it's my tires or if its the bearings. Also, could bad bearings in the front make a creaking/cracking sound when turning at low speeds??

Thanks in advance for your help.

DON'T GO TO THE STEALERSHIP! make sure its not your lower control arms also.........these are a known problem on the gs. i forgot how to check the wheel bearings something about pushing down on the car but i 4got! im fixing to replace my lower control arms on my 2001 gs430

brian

cracking when turning? sounds like control arms like brian said... bearings go for about $40 each and you'll need two for upfront.

I wouldn't go to the dealership also, save your money. Have whoever is doing the work check the ball joints and inspect the tie rods.