Function Button On Steering Wheel

leximus

Just purchased a 98 LS400 from the dealer. MINT condition but no Owners Manual. I want to investigate this car from inside out. My unanswered question at this point is..what does the Function button do on the steering wheel? I haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks!

Leximus

Just purchased a 98 LS400 from the dealer. MINT condition but no Owners Manual. I want to investigate this car from inside out. My unanswered question at this point is..what does the Function button do on the steering wheel? I haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks!

Leximus

The function button toggles between the mesage on the MID and the trip computer. It won't do anything if there is no message. It is for when the car warns you of something.

Open the door and it should say Left Door Ajar or something like that. Then hit function it should now switch to trip computer and give you the mileage, range and so on. Press function again and it will show "Left door ajar".

Also if you bought it from a Lexus dealer chances are they put you in the lexus database. Go to lexus.com and register as an owner. The site should pull up your cars info with just name and address. Once you have an account and your 1998 shows up you can look up a online (PDF) version of the manual. The site will also have whatever service history for the past 3 year s, I think.

I just bought a 1998 and went through the same excercise. I did get the manual but was to lazy to walk out to the car. :rolleyes: