Does Anyone Have The Pics To Remove The Front Bumper Cover?

lexus400

I have to swap out a new bumper cover and repair some underlying damage as well. Does anyone have a couple of pages that they could post or email me?

I'm sure I could figure it out but it will save me some time for sure.

thanks,

Bob

rdunne14@comcast.net

It's a '91 LS

A google search revealed this page.

http://www.lextreme.com/bumper.html

I think these instructions make the procedure seem harder than it actually is...it is actually quite easy.

Be careful when detaching the upper sides of the bumper from the fenders. On the way out, the threads of the screws molded into the cover usually get stuck on the inside of the holes they fit into. Pulling too hard without making sure they are free could be an expensive mistake!

Don't forget to re-install the foam energy absorber when you put the cover back on. It is easy to skip that step by accident.

good stuff, thanks!

I'm trying to gather all of the parts I need before taking the old bumper off. I just got a new bumper beam today. Do you think the foam energy absorber is re-usable?

Is it just foam?

Bob

It is a pressed foam, maybe fine but you can look it over once the bumper is off, I've seen them quite aged and brittle expecially on vehicles located in warm areas. The removal is actually quite easy.

good stuff, thanks!

I'm trying to gather all of the parts I need before taking the old bumper off. I just got a new bumper beam today. Do you think the foam energy absorber is re-usable?

Is it just foam?

Bob

It is a pressed foam, maybe fine but you can look it over once the bumper is off, I've seen them quite aged and brittle expecially on vehicles located in warm areas. The removal is actually quite easy.

I just replaced the front bumper on my 1990 LS400. There are three levels of tabs on the bumper that hold it on the car. Most are attached with plastic clips. You will break some removing the bumper but don't worry. They sell exact replacements on eBay and very similar ones at most auto store.