Just Bought 05 Ls430 Ultra - Now What?

Ahheck01

Hey guys, just bought a certified 2005 Lexus LS430, Ultra Luxury package, silver on black. I'm curious what all you guys would suggest I do right away? What do I need to know about the car's quirks? What tips and tricks should I know about the car?

Thanks guys :)

-Evan

Last Friday I too purchased a certified LS430 Ultra. My car is an 06. I spent some time in my shop with the car making sure all was good. I discovered the cabin filters had not be changed by the dealership as I was told. I don't believe the rear cabin filter had ever been changed. I have an idea some dealerships could over look them due to how few Ultra's they might have come through.

I hope you enjoy your car. I like the color you describe.

• 1 month later...

Hey Ahheck01,

Congrats on your new ride! I've been looking for my own for a while but I can't quite find the color combo I want (Silver on Silver) with the Ultra pack. Does that cooler work, pretty good? Enjoy your new wheels and keep us posted.

Thx!

Chavez257

Hey guys, just bought a certified 2005 Lexus LS430, Ultra Luxury package, silver on black. I'm curious what all you guys would suggest I do right away? What do I need to know about the car's quirks? What tips and tricks should I know about the car?

Thanks guys :)

-Evan

Nice, that is my favorite color combo. I bought the same car, same year, with the ultra pkg last month only in Black/Black. Although I was shopping for Silver/Black, the Black/Black I found with 60k I got for $19800. I did just replace the original battery ($110) at Lexus but other than that it an amazing automobile. I also have had an 06 RX330 for over a year and couldn't be happier with it either. Enjoy your purchase.

Hey Ahheck01,

Congrats on your new ride! I've been looking for my own for a while but I can't quite find the color combo I want (Silver on Silver) with the Ultra pack. Does that cooler work, pretty good? Enjoy your new wheels and keep us posted.

Thx!

Chavez257

I don't want to bum you out, but that car doesn't exist. They never made the Ultra or Custom Luxury packages with the silver interior, only in black or in ecru (really light ivory).

Sorry...

• 1 month later...
Nice, that is my favorite color combo. I bought the same car, same year, with the ultra pkg last month only in Black/Black. Although I was shopping for Silver/Black, the Black/Black I found with 60k I got for $19800. I did just replace the original battery ($110) at Lexus but other than that it an amazing automobile. I also have had an 06 RX330 for over a year and couldn't be happier with it either. Enjoy your purchase.

Congrats! I'm looking for an '05 or '06 LS Ultra as well. I'm trying to be patient and continue looking for the color combo/mileage/price I would like...ha! ive found a few potential...need to get a little more info on them before i pull the trigger. Thanks for the info. This helps me to gauge pricing as I was thinking around $20k also.

Congrats! I'm looking for an '05 or '06 LS Ultra as well. I'm trying to be patient and continue looking for the color combo/mileage/price I would like...ha! ive found a few potential...need to get a little more info on them before i pull the trigger. Thanks for the info. This helps me to gauge pricing as I was thinking around $20k also.

Yes, take your time and the right one will come along. 05's are coming off 3 year leases and if you look hard enough you will find a good deal. Before I bought mine I cheked with my Lexus dealer to see if they had any records on it and low and behold they had serviced it since day one. That made me feel really at ease. This Illinois winter has been challenging though as I am used to 4wd vehichels so I cant wait till Spring.

Hey Ahheck01,

Thx!

Chavez257

I don't want to bum you out, but that car doesn't exist. They never made the Ultra or Custom Luxury packages with the silver interior, only in black or in ecru (really light ivory).

Sorry...

They also made a "Saddle" interior with the pearl white paint in 2004, I have it. I did have to special order it from Japan, at not extra cost since it was in the catalog.

:rolleyes: