1996 Lx450 Rear Passenger Door Lock Works Manually Only

jaz454

:wacko: My 4 year old daughter spilled milk on my door panel getting some inside the door panel. I cleaned it up pretty well with a green machine but now the power lock only works manually. The window works just fine. I guess the lock just shorted out with moisture. Is this fixable? Are there any tricks to removing the door panel to see if I can salvage it? Any suggestions will help. All suggestions in the past have helped. Thanks!!!

:wacko: My 4 year old daughter spilled milk on my door panel getting some inside the door panel. I cleaned it up pretty well with a green machine but now the power lock only works manually. The window works just fine. I guess the lock just shorted out with moisture. Is this fixable? Are there any tricks to removing the door panel to see if I can salvage it? Any suggestions will help. All suggestions in the past have helped. Thanks!!!

Door panel is pretty easy to remove. Three screws, then pop the clips free around the perimeter. You have to pop the leather armrest off to get to one of the screws, the others should be visisble. First place to start is to pop the panel, and clean up the switch area.

Regards,

Rookie