1999 Lexues Es3000 Maf And O2 Sensor

way2007

Hello all,

i have codes P0171, P0172 and p1135 recently pop up. i found a junkyard selling these Mass airflow sensors and O2 sensors for cheap . but they are for 2000 year model.

will both Mass airflow sensor and o2 sensor from es300 2000 model work on my 1999 yr model.? are they same. I am planing on buying both MAF and o2 sensor just incase MAF wont fix it

please advice.

thanks

Hello all,

i have codes P0171, P0172 and p1135 recently pop up. i found a junkyard selling these Mass airflow sensors and O2 sensors for cheap . but they are for 2000 year model.

will both Mass airflow sensor and o2 sensor from es300 2000 model work on my 1999 yr model.? are they same. I am planing on buying both MAF and o2 sensor just incase MAF wont fix it

please advice.

thanks

Yes, they are the same up to 2001. But Clean the Mass airflow sensor with Mass sensor spray cleaner first. Then reset the codes and don't for get to replace the air filter to correct P0171 and P0172.

P0171 is System too lean, (Fuel Trim) bank 1.

Here are your trouble areas:

-Air Intake hose, loose or cracked

-Fuel line pressure

-Injector blockage

-Open or short Air/Fuel sensor circuit

-Intake air flow meter

-EFI engine coolant temperature sensor

-Gas (exhaust gas not fuel) leakage on exhaust system

-PCV hose connection

Thanks for the reply. I am still unsure where the A/F bank 1 sensor 1 is located on 1999 es 300. i am still getting the P1135 and P0171. I already replaced the Mass airflow meter but still no luck. I do have the 1997 lexus es 300 factory manual and it says its located at the front. But it doesnt tell me wheather it is A/F censor that is on Bank 1 sensor 1 location . It shows it on the front clearly visible next to the radiotor. Is this the location for A/F sensor. it just says heated oxygen sensor. Please help!!!