Mp3 Files With Nakamichi Sound System

ahurd

I have just acquired a 1992 sc400 with the Nakamichi sound system (7 speakers, 12 cd changer) but would like to be able to play mp3's I have recorded on cd's. Possibilities as I see them: 1) ditch the Nakamichi head unit and replace it with a JVC KD-sh99 which is a very good head unit which can hopefully be connected to cd changer. , 2) be able to use an ipod either connected to Nakamichi or separate sound system. I am hesitant to ditch the Nakamichi for fear it is better quality than the sh99 or any other similar head. Comments would be appreciated.

• 6 months later...
I have just acquired a 1992 sc400 with the Nakamichi sound system (7 speakers, 12 cd changer) but would like to be able to play mp3's I have recorded on cd's. Possibilities as I see them: 1) ditch the Nakamichi head unit and replace it with a JVC KD-sh99 which is a very good head unit which can hopefully be connected to cd changer. , 2) be able to use an ipod either connected to Nakamichi or separate sound system. I am hesitant to ditch the Nakamichi for fear it is better quality than the sh99 or any other similar head. Comments would be appreciated.

You can still do this without throwing out the NAK system. Rip the MP3 CD's onto iTunes in your computer, select a new playlist, then burn playlist as "Audio Files" instead of MP3. Worked perfect for me. Now I am just trying to figure out a way to actually hardwire a jack to the NAK system so I can use my iPod.

You can still do this without throwing out the NAK system. Rip the MP3 CD's onto iTunes in your computer, select a new playlist, then burn playlist as "Audio Files" instead of MP3. Worked perfect for me. Now I am just trying to figure out a way to actually hardwire a jack to the NAK system so I can use my iPod.

there is a way to hard wire one here is a link on ebay where a guy did it and is selling it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus-Nakam...A1%7C240%3A1318

• 2 weeks later...

there is a way to hard wire one here is a link on ebay where a guy did it and is selling it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus-Nakam...A1%7C240%3A1318

Hey that's pretty cool. Looks clean too. I'll have to check into this and contact him. Thanks!