Pcv Valve Location 2000 Platinum

mairella

OK, i see the posts about the pcv valve and replacing would help with idling and mpg's...but I CANNOT find where it is at. Or maybe it is there but underneath a hose? I have looked at the factory service manuals for the 97 & 01 trying to locate it, but I am totally clueless where it is at...I have looked all day. Someone help me please?

I have been getting between 18 - 20 mpgs lately, premium gas, mostly city during the weekday and highway on the weekend (I drive like a banshee). I was trying to increase it a little, and I have been getting some rough idleing.

Also - does anyone know if you can program the locks to automatically lock like the newer models?

thanks in advance

it should be located right behind the front cam cover. Most likely if I am remembering right is a hose that runs towards you and makes a 90 degree turn downwards into the PCV valve hole, it should be kind of loose or wobbly, so you will know what to expect. Also seafoam into that hose will clean out that motor, i did it and found better mpg's. There will be a new PCV valve at your local store for about 3-5 or maybe more dollars. Pop the old clogged one out, and put the new one in. Also to improve your car's performance put in a new fuel filter. Its pretty easy and they are both neccessary for your goal. happy shopping

• 4 months later...
I didnt find anything that was loose or wobbly. I'll probably have someone try to find it for me...thanks.

I had a VERY difficult time locating the PC valve on my 1999 Lexus ES300. I kept expecting to see the black and gray L shaped part, however, my car use a straight metallic PCV valve with a nut at its base.

Stand in front of your car, look on the left hand side, on top of the rear cam shaft. You may see the metalic looking nut I mentioned above. Move up the retainer and pull up the hose. You'll see it. I'll post a picture tomorrow.