Is300 Vs Sc400

xoom04

i took my 93 sc400 to get its fluids and breaks changed by my local dealer. they didnt have my car for me in time, so they gave me a loner.....a 2003 IS300. i had the car for about 3 days. i am convinced its the quickest little 4-door on the market. i got my car back today and went drving. it was then i realized that the sc still kicks the is's !Removed!. have any of you all had similar experiences or care to share some stories about trading cars for a couple days and deciding if u need a new vehicle :D ?

ive said this in a post some where else but ill tell it again. when i first got my sc the dealership gave me a 2004 es330 for a week. the es kicked !Removed! in all ways, then i got the sc, and there is no way i would take the es over the sc, but thats my opinion. But i know that i would rather own a lexus over any other car after driving all of the lexus' out right now.

i took my 93 sc400 to get its fluids and breaks changed by my local dealer. they didnt have my car for me in time, so they gave me a loner.....a 2003 IS300. i had the car for about 3 days. i am convinced its the quickest little 4-door on the market. i got my car back today and went drving. it was then i realized that the sc still kicks the is's !Removed!. have any of you all had similar experiences or care to share some stories about trading cars for a couple days and deciding if u need a new vehicle ?

personally, i dont think the IS300 deserves that much credit. i also have a 99 camry V6....that thing is amazinable fast. the most responsive car i have ever driven. it is rated only 194HP and i very easily took on a brand new mustange GT. everyone that has driven my car falls in love with it. then recently a friend of mine leased an IS300...it was crap compared to the camry v6. never tried any other camry's...so i dont know if that performance is consistent. if you are a person who like fast four doors...check out the camry v6

is ur camrey stock, or do u have some performance mods done to it? i have driven that same model car and agree that it is surprisingly fast, but i still would rather have the fun little steering wheel shifters on the IS.......Does anyone know if a v8 version of the IS??

"Does anyone know if a v8 version of the IS??"

Actually, there is a V8 out there. I was reading Sports Compact Mag. a couple of years ago and Europes' TRD tuner dropped the 4.3 into an IS. Man that thing is fast.

I would say, both the SC and the IS are great cars. I took the IS to Summit a month ago. It drove pretty well for an under HP&Torque'd Toyota. Personally, I think the G35 is better in the HP and Torque department, but the handling capability of IS is supurb.

I did get better lap times in my SC than with the IS, but Tech-wise, the IS is pretty well designed.

To be clear, my comments were about a CAMRY vs IS300.

I own an sc400 and there is no other car for me. ANd I like the IS300 and would not own a camry if you paid me.

Love the new solara though.

ok...so the is will beat the sc to sixty, but what about 100??

I really don't think the IS could beat the SC. I Illeg'd an IS the other day, and man I feel good. Of course he wasn't reving it to 6k like I was, but I honestly don't believe the IS could.

PS:

I really don't like to compare the IS vs the SC400. There are some really big differences between the two.

ok...so the is will beat the sc to sixty, but what about 100??

I really don't think the IS could beat the SC. I Illeg'd an IS the other day, and man I feel good. Of course he wasn't reving it to 6k like I was, but I honestly don't believe the IS could.

PS:

I really don't like to compare the IS vs the SC400. There are some really big differences between the two.

The point that I was TRYING to make was in response to the guy with his CAMRY dissing the IS300.

The SC400 will put a hurt on an IS300 in a straight line but in the twisties, the IS is the clear winner.

The point that I was TRYING to make was in response to the guy with his CAMRY dissing the IS300.

BruceLee:

Oh, I know. I'm referring to the comments made above by other users.

i agree w/ucf3 that there are quite a few differences b/t the two cars. the sc400 is so much more heavier, plus it lacks the advantage of the steering wheel shifters (which r really cool :) ). and yes, i took the is and sc out on some of the worst country roads in KY and agree that coming out of some killer turns, the is would have blown an sc out of the water. but when ur racing from the intersection line when the light turns green, id rather be in the v8.

i agree w/ucf3 that there are quite a few differences b/t the two cars. the sc400 is so much more heavier, plus it lacks the advantage of the steering wheel shifters (which r really cool :) ). and yes, i took the is and sc out on some of the worst country roads in KY and agree that coming out of some killer turns, the is would have blown an sc out of the water. but when ur racing from the intersection line when the light turns green, id rather be in the v8.

<_< You really think the SC is that bad on curves compared to the IS. I've felt the SC has a better chance of winning on the curve, but since I don't own an IS it would be harder for me to feel the difference.