Leather Seat Care/tire Detailing

Hello,

I just recently bought a 2000 ES 300. What would be ideal to clean the leather with and to prevent it from hardening? What should I use to clean the interior wood trim, and alloy rims? What can I use on the tires to keep them glossy and shiny, that is long-lasting?

Thanks for the help.

Hello,

I just recently bought a 2000 ES 300. What would be ideal to clean the leather with and to prevent it from hardening? What should I use to clean the interior wood trim, and alloy rims? What can I use on the tires to keep them glossy and shiny, that is long-lasting?

Thanks for the help.

Leather: I use Lexol cleaner and conditioner. Your leather is probably coated so conditioning won't do much but the cleaner is very good.

Wood trim: I used Woolite (6:1 parts water to Woolite) on recommendations here and it does work well and is cheap of course.

Rims: I just wash them with a separate small towel as I wash the car and that does it for me.

Tires: I use Armor- All Extreme Tire Shine for the tires. I really like the look after a couple coats. Some don't like a spray solution as it can get on the body of the car but I just don't apply it on when its windy. :P

hey buddy - welcome to the club.

We actually have our own online store - full of high quality products and a comprehensive series of detailing tutorials.

LexusCarCare.com - for all your Lexus Detailing needs

To address your questions;

Tutorial on detailing the interior of your Lexus, including a section on leather cleaning

Lexus Leather Care product

Tutorial on cleaning and detailing Lexus wheels and tyres

A whole bunch of products for detailing your Lexus wheels and tyres

there is a lot more on the site - have a look ;)

What acf said, but Steve(our detailing chief) said that the Lexol conditioner will soften the coating which will make it "seem" softer. Plus, Lexol smells like new leather :D . I can confirm this theory! ;) Use the woolite on the seats too...worked great for me, and many say it's better than other leather cleaners.

I agree that the extreme tire shine looks great, but on my ES, the brakes put out dust like maniacs...this product is spray on, so it's hard to get just the wheels. What this all equals out to is a pain in the !Removed! the next time you wash your car. I recommend Meguairs Tire Endourance. It's in a bottle...the product is like gel and smells like grapes! It's easy to apply and lasts a long time.

You should tell us fellow Lex owners about your new car in the ES section and in here. I'm guessing a 2000 ES300 with the Platinum package; just going off of a hunch ;) :lol: . Have any pics?

:cheers: