Please Help, Vsc Issue

lextuned

Greetings,

Firsr and foremost i must say that this forum is fantastic and you guys are good at what you do, i have a 2000 ls400 with 59k miles and when ever i turn a corner with the vsc on, The vsc will activate and apply the brakes as if i am slipping. I am taking the turns at 5mph on dry pavement by the way. A beeping noise is also heard while the vsc activates. This is annoying, Yet if i turn the vsc switch off and take a turn, nothing happends.It only happens when the vsc is on, Any insight and thoughts are real helpful guuys, thank you.

Greetings,

Firsr and foremost i must say that this forum is fantastic and you guys are good at what you do, i have a 2000 ls400 with 59k miles and when ever i turn a corner with the vsc on, The vsc will activate and apply the brakes as if i am slipping. I am taking the turns at 5mph on dry pavement by the way. A beeping noise is also heard while the vsc activates. This is annoying, Yet if i turn the vsc switch off and take a turn, nothing happends.It only happens when the vsc is on, Any insight and thoughts are real helpful guuys, thank you.

Please help, snow coming soon. I had a 90ls 8 years ago w/o tracion and it was fish tailing like a bat of hell.

What shape are your tires in?

I have a 96 LS and though the tires looked good, I had a major problem stopping and with skidding / sliding.

The Traction light was on a lot also.

After changing the tires these symptoms went away and the $1,000 bill was better spent on the tires then accident / fender-bender repair.

What shape are your tires in?

I have a 96 LS and though the tires looked good, I had a major problem stopping and with skidding / sliding.

The Traction light was on a lot also.

After changing the tires these symptoms went away and the $1,000 bill was better spent on the tires then accident / fender-bender repair.

i have new good years, do i need to switch the battery? How do i reset the vsc? Can i take it to auto zone? Any info is appreciated and thanks ahjgta for your help.

I have a 98 with 24K miles, and my vsc turned on for no apparent reason while car was parked and warming up. I noticed the engine starting reving a little bit higher while I was standing in my garage doing something. Much to my dismay, when I went into the car the "check vsc" light was on, along with my check engine light. Shiut the car off, and turned on, but still there. Did it again with no luck. Finally I just decided not to leave as I was pi$$@ed :censored: at this point!

Long story short, went back 40 minutes later, and it was gone. Drove the car with no problems. Not sure if it happened because I disconnected the battery a few weeks ago. Same thing happens then, but it is normal (check manual to reset).

Any idea why it might have done that?

• 10 months later...
I have a 98 with 24K miles, and my vsc turned on for no apparent reason while car was parked and warming up. I noticed the engine starting reving a little bit higher while I was standing in my garage doing something. Much to my dismay, when I went into the car the "check vsc" light was on, along with my check engine light. Shiut the car off, and turned on, but still there. Did it again with no luck. Finally I just decided not to leave as I was pi$$@ed :censored: at this point!

Long story short, went back 40 minutes later, and it was gone. Drove the car with no problems. Not sure if it happened because I disconnected the battery a few weeks ago. Same thing happens then, but it is normal (check manual to reset).

Any idea why it might have done that?

My same VSC & Check Engine, VSC Off lights as you describe came on 2 days ago out of the blue. Never happened before. But after a search, I decided to try a member's suggestion and disconnected the battery for 10 min then hooked it back. Viola! The 'puter reset itself and lights went out.

Guess I was lucky.