Deciding Between Gx470 Or Mini Van

empea31

I think the closest you can get to a "Lexus" minivan is a fully loaded Toyota Sienna. The reviews I've heard about that minivan, all say "Lexus".

I just dealt with the same decision--- new minivan (my 3rd) or a GX 470.

For your situation, I would go for the Toyota Sienna. IMO, it's best choice for a family with young children. If you get the XLE Limited you'll be as close as you can get to the GX470 as far as features. The GX is going to be too small for a big stroller and all the other supplies that go along with babies--especially if you plan to travel. You won't be disappointed in the Sienna. It's a fantastic vehicle.

I've driven minivans for the last 8 years. My kids are 7 and 9 so it was time to try something different from the standard "Mommy car". Honestly, I'm probably going to miss the power sliding doors and cargo space but I love my GX470.

Thanks for all your input. I know mini vans are the smarter choice for me but was looking for any reason not to buy one. Oh well, I guess they'll be calling me the mini van man pretty soon.

We have loaded 2006 Sienna Limited; we also have a 96 LS400 and my brother have a loaded 03 GX470. My wife and I both prefer the Sienna over the LS and the GX. The fit and finish on the Sienna come close to the Lexus but not quite. BTW, does anyone one knows what generation the navigation system is on the 2003 GX470? I am looking for an update navigation DVD for him. Thanks.