Sheepskin Seat Covers

mobilyte

We've had Mercedes sheepskins on our Mercedes for more than 20 years. They are (IMHO) worth the money whether you live in Minnesota or Arizona. They are warm in the winter and cool in the summer. They also soften some of the firmness of Mercedes seats.

These covers used to list for $500/set including the headrest. One set cost me $400 and one cost $450 bought from the dealer when we bought the cars.

If you are going to put sheepskins on your seats, do not skimp. Unless you get the finest available, you are wasting your money. Not only will they wear out prematurely but they might not be lined which is going to ruin your leather seats. Cheap sheepskins are likely to smell when wet. Cheap seat covers also simply don't do what they are supposed to do even before they mat down.

We had a set of MB skins on my wifes car for 18 years before we sold it. They were in fine shape. Our current car has had the skins on it for 13 years and look like new.

Expect to pay at least $400 for a set of skins. Does the Lexus dealer sell sheepskins?

BTW, I'm here because my next car might very well be a 2005 GS500 :D