How Many Miles On Your 400h (update)

I know we had this topic before, but it was a long time ago. Just want to have an update on your 400h and how many miles it has. Please share if you have had problems after the manufacture's warranty expires or anything related to the battery.

Here is mine:

2008 400h

10,100 Miles on vehicle

MPG: 28.2

No problem so far. Just paid for my first oil change today along with rotation and brake inspection for $112. Can't believe it cost that much for a rotation & oil change. Can't wait until 15K maintanence :-)

We now have about 36,000 miles and have had zero problems. This is certainly the most reliable vehicle we have ever owned.Our average MPG is 24.3.

I bought my 2006 "Princess" January 2006. I now have a little over 30,000miles and ZERO problems. The 30K service was $500, which was shocking. I get about 25.5 MPG on 91 octane and I do live in L.A., I mention this because it might make a difference since I live in an area where the weather is very mild year round and I do believe that the make up of gas is different here in CA...right? I had many rattles that I have found and fixed and the car is silent now,rattle free:....the seat belt adjuster by my ear...I put spacers between the moving parts...the little movable, spring loaded tabs in the back hatch area that lock the privacy screen...they simply needed to be pushed in when the screen is off....the moon roof squeaked at the front contact point, Vaseline took care of that....Well, anyway, the car is amazing and I am planning on having it ten more years. The first year that I had it someone poured acid all over it...$7,000 worth of damage but of course that wasn't the car's fault and it got repainted and fixed 100% by an amazing body shop. I hated the Good Year tires but I have amazing 255/55/18" TOYO Proxes S/T s on the car and they are amazing tires. I've had them for 17,000miles. OK, that's my story. Great car. Rey , happy Lexus owner in L.A.

post-26996-1224424080_thumb.jpg

I bought my 2006 "Princess" January 2006. I now have a little over 30,000miles and ZERO problems. The 30K service was $500, which was shocking. I get about 25.5 MPG on 91 octane and I do live in L.A., I mention this because it might make a difference since I live in an area where the weather is very mild year round and I do believe that the make up of gas is different here in CA...right? I had a many rattles that I have found and fixed and the car is silent now,rattle free:....the seat belt adjuster by my ear...I put spacers between the moving parts...the little movable, spring loaded tabs in the back hatch area that lock the privacy screen...they simply needed to be pushed in when the screen is off....the moon roof squeaked at the front contact point, Vaseline took care of that....Well, anyway, the car is amazing and I am planning on having it ten more years. The first year that I had it someone poured acid all over it...$7,000 worth of damage but of course that wasn't the car's fault and it got repainted and fixed 100% by an amazing body shop. I hated the Good Year tires but I have amazing 255/55/18" TOYO Proxes S/T s on the car and they are amazing tires. I've had them for 17,000miles. OK, that's my story. Great car. Rey , happy Lexus owner in L.A.

Geez, that was a long story RXREY :-), but thanks for sharing. I, myself will probably keep the car for another 10-12 years, so far I've loved every features on this car, except a push ignition button and keyless entry would be nice.

Anyways, a little off topic here, I visited my Lexus dealer yesterday, and guess what I saw, seas of brand new RX350 standing by waiting to find its owner, I guess the economy really hits everyone hard. Anyone seeing the same thing?

I counted, and it were 27 RX350s total, with only 2 RX400hs on the lot, somehow I got the feeling that 400h will be very a exclusive vehicle for many years to come...

I bought my 2006 "Princess" January 2006. I now have a little over 30,000miles and ZERO problems. The 30K service was $500, which was shocking. I get about 25.5 MPG on 91 octane and I do live in L.A., I mention this because it might make a difference since I live in an area where the weather is very mild year round and I do believe that the make up of gas is different here in CA...right? I had a many rattles that I have found and fixed and the car is silent now,rattle free:....the seat belt adjuster by my ear...I put spacers between the moving parts...the little movable, spring loaded tabs in the back hatch area that lock the privacy screen...they simply needed to be pushed in when the screen is off....the moon roof squeaked at the front contact point, Vaseline took care of that....Well, anyway, the car is amazing and I am planning on having it ten more years. The first year that I had it someone poured acid all over it...$7,000 worth of damage but of course that wasn't the car's fault and it got repainted and fixed 100% by an amazing body shop. I hated the Good Year tires but I have amazing 255/55/18" TOYO Proxes S/T s on the car and they are amazing tires. I've had them for 17,000miles. OK, that's my story. Great car. Rey , happy Lexus owner in L.A.

Geez, that was a long story RXREY :-), but thanks for sharing. I, myself will probably keep the car for another 10-12 years, so far I've loved every features on this car, except a push ignition button and keyless entry would be nice.

Anyways, a little off topic here, I visited my Lexus dealer yesterday, and guess what I saw, seas of brand new RX350 standing by waiting to find its owner, I guess the economy really hits everyone hard. Anyone seeing the same thing?

I counted, and it were 27 RX350s total, with only 2 RX400hs on the lot, somehow I got the feeling that 400h will be very a exclusive vehicle for many years to come...

Yeah, sorry 'bout that....I tend to go on and on.....I am a college professor and often times I tend to be in lecture mode! Take care, Rey

06 400h; 13K miles.... my steering went out as I was backing up into my parking spot. flat bedded to the dealer... 5 days later, my rack & pinion was replaced. they said it was an electronic part... there was no warning and no information from the onboard pc, that was weird!

06 400h; 13K miles.... my steering went out as I was backing up into my parking spot. flat bedded to the dealer... 5 days later, my rack & pinion was replaced. they said it was an electronic part... there was no warning and no information from the onboard pc, that was weird!

Emin

I am a UK owner and had a similar problem to you last year at about 21000 miles. My post on the UK forum was as follows:-

Bought my '05 Rx400h in May this year (2007). What a great car.

Took a trip down to Assisi in Italy in September. 1,200 miles each way. Arrived at destination fresh as a daisy!

However, Last Saturday night I arrived home and when I went to turn onto the drive - no power steering!!!!! Big effort and straining muscles but managed to park on the drive.

Rang Lexus Milton Keynes in the morning (Sunday) They arranged for car to be picked up that lunchtime. Went with it on the recovery vehicle and was loaned a GS450h. (Interesting comparisons!) Had phone call Monday afternoon to say car was ready to pick up. Sean said it was faulty sensors in the power steering but they had replaced the complete steering rack under the warranty. (£3,000 worth of parts!)

How's that for service? Well done Lexus Milton Keynes.

My history so far

RX400h SE-L

30000 miles (bought car from Lexus Milton Keynes as an ex demonstator with 14700 miles on the clock)

31.5 MPG average (but our UK gallons are bigger than yours in the USA!)

Best consumption so far 38.5MPG on a 100 mile trip on country roads from Colchester to Milton Keynes

Only the one problem with the steering rack (see above)

Great car

Emin

I am a UK owner and had a similar problem to you last year at about 21000 miles. My post on the UK forum was as follows:-

Bought my '05 Rx400h in May this year (2007). What a great car.

Took a trip down to Assisi in Italy in September. 1,200 miles each way. Arrived at destination fresh as a daisy!

However, Last Saturday night I arrived home and when I went to turn onto the drive - no power steering!!!!! Big effort and straining muscles but managed to park on the drive.

Rang Lexus Milton Keynes in the morning (Sunday) They arranged for car to be picked up that lunchtime. Went with it on the recovery vehicle and was loaned a GS450h. (Interesting comparisons!) Had phone call Monday afternoon to say car was ready to pick up. Sean said it was faulty sensors in the power steering but they had replaced the complete steering rack under the warranty. (£3,000 worth of parts!)

How's that for service? Well done Lexus Milton Keynes.

My history so far

RX400h SE-L

30000 miles (bought car from Lexus Milton Keynes as an ex demonstator with 14700 miles on the clock)

31.5 MPG average (but our UK gallons are bigger than yours in the USA!)

Best consumption so far 38.5MPG on a 100 mile trip on country roads from Colchester to Milton Keynes

Only the one problem with the steering rack (see above)

Great car

The dealer loaned me a KIA Sportage!!!! (they were out of Lexus loaners!)... My kidneys hurt after 5 days... (rough ride).

Sounds like you get better service than my 2 local Lexus dealers.. I bought mine from Rockville Centre Lexus and when I called to tell them about my problem, they said bring it and we'll assess it. I asked if they had loaners or a way for me to get back and the lady said No loaners, and you need someone to pick you up!! I called Bayridge Lexus and they at least said that they'll assess the car and then put me in some sort of wheels if they don't have a loaner! At least they cared enough to give me a car, any car!

2007 RX400h 14k miles zero mechanical problems, 24 mpg 93 octane (highway speed 70-75 reduces the mileage but keeps the buses on the GS parkway off my rear bumper) only issue is the nav system grey out. :censored: today received an email about a replacement dvd available which will provide the override bypass function. will let you know if I get it. :whistles:

• 3 weeks later...

2006 rx400h...94,150...no problems at all...except my wipers seem to wear too quickly. I replace them almost everytime time i bring my car in for an oil change. anyone have any suggestions? its such a hassle more than anything. i live in new england and with the weather that we have, its annoying driving on the road and not being able to see anything.