Good Mechanics

vevro

Need some help, I can't find any good qualified Lexus mechanics in New York area. The only shop i know is on the 11th avenue but they charge too much and i have to leave my car there for atleast a day to do simply oil changes. Does anyone know any shops in either Manhattan, Queens or LI that are any good. I know this may seem like an advertisement to the administrators, but i could really use some insight. Please message me or email at vevro@earthlink.net. Thanks.

there is a pretty good one in brooklyn but he is not cheap as well. i try to do simple stuff on my car myself and oil changes on LS are really easy. just get original toyota filter from the dealer for like 11$ and oil and you can do it in your drive way

Having grown up in rather rural areas\suburbs all my life I wasn't aware of the problems that city people having caring for their cars. When I first began dating my wife who live in Flatbush in Brooklyn years ago I was amazed to see guys wahing their cars in the street. The people who oned the driveways had their Cadillacs parked in them. Now that my wife lives very close to NYC in North Jersey (in Tony's territory) I noticed there are no do-it-yourself carwashes. Sooner or later you give up and run them thru a car wash. I haven't noticed it hurts the paint much. The Caldwell casrwash (in Cladwell, NJ) even cleans the wheels and tires then dries the car when it is done. All this for $6.50. How can I complain. Better than driving around like a Volvo owner. Those dudes NEVER wash a car from the day it is new!