Northeast Gs460/430 Drivers -winter Is Coming!

:censored: :cries:

ok fellas,

I've checked the farmer's thingy and we're in for a white one. I'm was thinking about going with a completely different set of rims/tire from The TireRack this winter. I'm worried about scuffing my factory rims and I know that my runflat summer tires wont help at all when I'm plowing around in 3 inches of slush.

I'm also kicking around the idea of just getting snow tires and putting them on my factory 18"s. This way I'll be linked with the tire pressure monitoring system and I'll save some fluce to boot.

Anyone with a winter season already under their belt wanting to dispense some sound advice?

I drove my SC 430 on Long Island for several winters through all kinds of weather including snow. Obviously it's a rear wheel drive car but with the tranmission set on snow and most importantly with the right tires I never had a problem. Certainly you need to drive differently on snow but it's doable (but not with the standard tires) At the time I had continental extreme contacts on the car and while there were issues with those tires they were OK in the snow. I always got where I was going.

We also have a GS460 and attempted to drive it last fall in the snow. We live on a very steep hill and it was almost impossible with run flat tires. With as little as 1/2 inch of snow we couldn't get into our garage without shoveling. We were both raised driving in the snow - so that isn't the issue. We're also looking for tires that will get us through this winter.

:cheers:

I only drink Coors light so I could move to Texas...

thanks for the input guys, I guess I'm going to stick with my stock rims and just go tire hunting. That and a few bags of sand/salt in the trunk will hopefully do the job.