New To The World Of Lexus

idrivea9

Wanted to introduce myself, my name is Brian and my wife and I just bought a 2000 RX300 with 92k on the clock.

Am trade am an automotive journalist for an online Porsche publication called 9magazine.com, I write how to articles on restoring, repairing, and upgrading Porsches. Yea I own a few of the German sports cars.

Anyways, the only issues I have with the RX300 is the rear drivers side door lock will not work... other than that everything seems to be working well.

Plan to lend a hand to the Lexus forum as things come up with my RX.

Brian

Just wanted to say hello and welcome to the L.O.C. great place for any automotive lover... B) ..and input is always welcome around here... lol.. and we understand about the Porsche thing.. I have special place in my heart for old Camaros, just have problems making myself drive it anymore... I still love'em, just would rather hop in the Lexus and stretch out, rather than crawl into the Camaro and fold up...lol... once again welcome to the forum. :cheers:

Wanted to introduce myself, my name is Brian and my wife and I just bought a 2000 RX300 with 92k on the clock.

Am trade am an automotive journalist for an online Porsche publication called 9magazine.com, I write how to articles on restoring, repairing, and upgrading Porsches. Yea I own a few of the German sports cars.

Anyways, the only issues I have with the RX300 is the rear drivers side door lock will not work... other than that everything seems to be working well.

Plan to lend a hand to the Lexus forum as things come up with my RX.

Brian

Welcome! Door lock actuator failures are a common problem. A number of us have retrofitted aftermarket generic actuators which are available for $10 or less. Do a search and you will find detailed DIY instructions.

The lock doesn't move at all :(

A 996 TT... no way lets shoehorn in a Cayenne V8 Turbocharged by TechArt at 1100hp in an RX :cheers:

Speaking of speed and horsepower, I attend SEMA each year for work and unless its Porsche I turn down requests for things. But this year I signed up for as many Lexus products as I could. I will report back to the Club during the week of SEMA with all the Lexus news I can get!

Brian