Need 92 Ls400 Antenna Motor

pierce1

Very common on these cars. Mine will grind and hound too, but it will eventually retract down, but its annoying. A fairly easy replacement and cheap. Ebay is a good place to get one... I bought one for my old 93' Camry for $11.00.

MY 92 LS 400 antenna is not working. I can hear the motor but the antenna will not go up or down. Does any know of a site where I can purchase a replacement. I guess I need a new mast and motor. Thank You

And your motor is probably fine. Search the forum for antenna and you will find the fix.

• 4 years later...

I know this is an old post but I have a question and didn't want to start a new thread!

So after reading the forum I ordered a new mast from eBay. Took the old one out, old cable was in one piece, took the housing apart just to double check there was not a broken piece inside..... After that nothing broken off in there, put back together.

But when I go to feed the new one in it grinds, then pulls the cable in, grinds, stops feeding in, but motor runs. Checked I fed it in with the teeth facing rear of the car. Currently I managed to get the cable all the way down but does not go up.

For now it is all the way down and I unplugged the electrical connector to stop it running.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.