Clarkson Shoots Ls With Machine Gun!

Kingsoup

@ 55 seconds he appears to be shooting a 1st gen Lexus LS with a machine gun!!

WHY OH WHY!! I wonder if he calls it boring and horrible in his video? he usually only shoots cars that he hates.

How could he hate a LS? I can understand a unreliable Fiat or a poorly made Indian car, but the Lexus LS?

I'll be looking forward to seeing the full video *cough cough Torrent*

WHY OH WHY!! I wonder if he calls it boring and horrible in his video? he usually only shoots cars that he hates.

How could he hate a LS? I can understand a unreliable Fiat or a poorly made Indian car, but the Lexus LS?

Top Gear is all about drivers cars and fun cars. Lexus makes great cars. The LS is a great, reliable, smooth luxury car but it is not fun to drive. Lexus has always failed to take on BMW, Mercedes and Audi in sports sedans. The 3 series and M3 are still the bench marks, where as the IS and IS-F have fallen short.

Car reviewers always say Lexus is for people who hate driving. Every thing that makes driving fun is taken out of the LS, its for a different target group. My other car is a 3 series (wife drives it). The LS is a great highway cruiser but on the back roads it is the 325i for me any day.

Clarkson might just hate it because some British colloquial reason like some politician or celeb owns one. May be he was trying to prove the the LS wasn't bullet proof! BTW Top Gear put the BMW 3 series in the uncool wall too.

i find clarkson very funny and entertaining, but most of his arguments are unjustified and stupid. shooting an LS a disgrace. His original review of the LS was positive... sooo... i guess he wasnt always stupid.

Top Gear is all about drivers cars and fun cars. Lexus makes great cars. The LS is a great, reliable, smooth luxury car but it is not fun to drive. Lexus has always failed to take on BMW, Mercedes and Audi in sports sedans. The 3 series and M3 are still the bench marks, where as the IS and IS-F have fallen short.

Car reviewers always say Lexus is for people who hate driving. Every thing that makes driving fun is taken out of the LS, its for a different target group. My other car is a 3 series (wife drives it). The LS is a great highway cruiser but on the back roads it is the 325i for me any day.

Clarkson might just hate it because some British colloquial reason like some politician or celeb owns one. May be he was trying to prove the the LS wasn't bullet proof! BTW Top Gear put the BMW 3 series in the uncool wall too.

I have to get that DVD downloaded on the ASAP to see what its all about. I remember he said it was a boring, pensioners car in the episode where James May turns one into a police car. Generally he doesn't like toyotas and hondas either calling them old people cars in Britain, which I always found kinda strange!

I'm gonna have to agree that it must have something to do with reliability and bulletproof, it seems out of character for him to shoot and blow up a car he doesn't realy realy hate. That being said, he shot and blew up a Prius which really isn't a bad car at all.

I suppose the LS is not much of a drivers car, not a whole lotta feedback, 15turns lock to lock steering, but with big low profile tires and light rims, mine has great grip, just no real idea where balance and the limit is.

I'm dying to know the full story now, still pains me to see a nice car like that blown to pieces!

I have to get that DVD downloaded on the ASAP to see what its all about. I remember he said it was a boring, pensioners car in the episode where James May turns one into a police car. Generally he doesn't like toyotas and hondas either calling them old people cars in Britain, which I always found kinda strange!.

He actually liked the New LS 460

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/j...icle1358270.ece

"And yet, behind the almost impenetrable shield of buttonry beats the heart of a very satisfying car.

What makes it work so well is that unlike Mercedes, Audi or BMW, Lexus has no sporting aspirations for the LS at all. Oh, it shifts, be in no doubt about that, but it is not supposed to be a driver’s car. And by taking that out of the mix they have been able to concentrate on making it, above all else, unbelievably comfortable and quiet.

Really quiet. It may be a 4.6 litre V8 up there under the bonnet, but at tickover it barely makes a sound. Then there’s the suspension. Sadly, it’s made from air, which means it doesn’t work very well in normal mode, but put it in “comfort” and the leviathan just glides.

The driver’s seat should be singled out for praise too. It’s like sitting on a sumo wrestler. Couple that to the gearbox, which changes so smoothly you cannot feel the shifts, and you have a car that can be compared to the Rolls-Royce Phantom.

Except for the price, of course. At first the starting price of £57,000 appears to be a lot but a Mercedes S 500 with a similar spec will cost you about £13,000 more.

There are a few drawbacks, though. Its thirst, for a kick-off, but also its looks. It is a very handsome car but the styling means you can’t smoke while driving. No, really. If you crack the window open a tad in most cars your ash is sucked outside. In the Lexus, it’s blown back in.

This means you spend quite a lot of your time behind the wheel on fire, and that means you swerve about quite a lot as you try to put yourself out. And that means the LKA beeps furiously.

Then there’s the boot lid. You press a button on the key fob and it opens automatically, at exactly the same speed America is moving away from Europe. If it’s raining this is extremely annoying.

Hopefully this is an optional extra that you don’t have to have. But I can’t be sure because it’s almost certainly referred to in the press pack by a set of initials. LBJ? ACU? DDT? Who knows?

The worst problem, though, is the interior. It’s a bit like an executive suite at the Hyatt Regency Birmingham. Very comfortable and graced with lots of features that make your stay more enjoyable. But it’s all a bit nasty, if you see what I mean — the half-timbered steering wheel especially.

It sounds as if I don’t like this car and that’s not right. I do. In the olden days Lexi were bought only by northern businessmen who’d had a row at the lodge with the local Mercedes dealer. They were reliable, quiet and comfortable but utterly soulless. This new one, AFB.

"

There are other Lexus reviews from him on that site.

always remember when i visited the HQ of Lexus UK and inside their offices they had a real SC430 hanging upside down from the office ceiling, i was having a chat with the director of Lexus GB at how they have a car hanging from their ceiling and his comments were "we are hoping to drop it on clarkson"

He doesn't like Lexus, but funny how TopGear a few years ago did a viewers survey classed the IS200 as the best car in their satisfied owner survey. wiped all other cars off the board.

always remember when i visited the HQ of Lexus UK and inside their offices they had a real SC430 hanging upside down from the office ceiling, i was having a chat with the director of Lexus GB at how they have a car hanging from their ceiling and his comments were "we are hoping to drop it on clarkson"

He doesn't like Lexus, but funny how TopGear a few years ago did a viewers survey classed the IS200 as the best car in their satisfied owner survey. wiped all other cars off the board.

I think that's because Top Gear slammed the SC430 and said the Hyundai Tiburon was a better sports coupe. Richard Hammond did that review, BTW. The video has been removed from youtube.

• 3 months later...

Its on the Thriller DVD. He goes on and on about how well made it is and then destroys it. If you watch closely when hes pushing the buttons you can see the LCD/Clock burned out. LOL, typical. *BLEEP* this dude, if all of these german cars are so great then why do they have so many problems??

Its on the Thriller DVD. He goes on and on about how well made it is and then destroys it. If you watch closely when hes pushing the buttons you can see the LCD/Clock burned out. LOL, typical. *BLEEP* this dude, if all of these german cars are so great then why do they have so many problems??