That Damn Cupholder...

Have you noticed that the cupholder in your GS is worthless? I haven't had a chance to look yet, but I'm wondering of the cupholder in the newer cars is different than the one in the '98 GS300 that I have. Basically, it is a shallow void in the console which almost any can or cup will launch out of when your right foot gets a little heavy. Have they changed on the newer models? Has anyone come up with a better cup-holding solution?

I have a '93 and it has real cupholders that slide out of the center armrest. I remember going to my Lexus dealership and sitting in a 2003 GS300 Sportdesign and thinking "where the hell are the cupholders?!" I did see the shallow void you're speaking of and I couldn't believe those were the cupholders... I guess they are.

Potentially good news. I was at the stealer and looked at an '04 GS. The cupholder divider has been redesigned with two rubber flaps. Looks like it might help a little with the cup-dumper problem. Only problem is, the divider is supposedly not availavle separately. The p/n for the entire cupholder is 55620, listing at $93.00. Yikes, plastic reinforced with gold! Anybody want to sell or trade their new style insert, give me a holler!

P.S. Hey, parts guys. Can you verify if the insert is available as a seperate part?