I Hate Mechanics

The best thing I could suggest is to find a reliable mechanic that will charge you roughly $45-$55 an hour for labor.

I have seen mechanics break or bend items on customers cars when brought in for diagnosis to inflate the repair costs.

Also try to stay at the shop when they are working on the car so when the computer says 5.5 hours labor for a minor jobs that takes less than an hour to do they might be able to charge for two hours...

Just a thought.

hey man thanks. i try to watch as much as the "Our insurance prohibits you from watching us steal your money" signs will let me :(

i also like to watch because i get *BLEEP*ed off to see how they treat customer cars...no respect what so ever. i live in massachusetts so it snows ALL the time...one time after a tune up they tell me my cars parked out back and i can go get it, i go to find it LODGED 3 feet deep into a snowbank..... :censored:

DIY > Mechanics who couldn't care any less about your car.......

yup it took a lot from me not to freak out...my mom's car has had beer bottles left inside, the matts are never nicely fitted, the drivers seat you KNOW is always 3 feet out of place from the way they found it cause for some reason every mechanic is 6 foot 10 and needs it all the way back... :lol:

today i shall fix my car myself hopefully with a good seafoam treatment done by me.

and im jw is that your SC in the pic there? cause if so its really really nice.

• 4 weeks later...
My problem was Idle control valve. $700 including install-OUCH. They also want to clean injectors $150, is that reasonable?

I took my 1992 sc400 to Midas for a timing belt issue. They told me that my ecu was bad and couldn't get codes off it and the timing was fine. After i paid them 212 for a diag. I took the time and did my timing my self started right up. I did drove back to that Midas and cursed the manager out.

My problem was Idle control valve. $700 including install-OUCH. They also want to clean injectors $150, is that reasonable?

I took my 1992 sc400 to Midas for a timing belt issue. They told me that my ecu was bad and couldn't get codes off it and the timing was fine. After i paid them 212 for a diag. I took the time and did my timing my self started right up. I did drove back to that Midas and cursed the manager out.

Reinforcing the stereotype that Lexus-drivers are A$$holes.