2001 Rx300-engine Stalls

ucflexus

I tell my wife to never let the gas tank get below a 1/4 of a tank. Like many other things she does not always listen to me.

When she runs the tank below 1/8 of a tank, the first few times we start it after filling it up the car will stall. If you rev the engine for about 30 secs while starting it, then the problem goes away.

Any thoughts if it is the fuel pump or something else?

I tell my wife to never let the gas tank get below a 1/4 of a tank. Like many other things she does not always listen to me.

When she runs the tank below 1/8 of a tank, the first few times we start it after filling it up the car will stall. If you rev the engine for about 30 secs while starting it, then the problem goes away.

Look on this thread on starting/idiling probs.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...c=30723&hl=

I had this problem but it would just happen in warm weather, but not when tank was low on gas.

Good luck.

This kind of sounds like an air leak issue int he gas tank cause problems with the fuel pump creating enough vacuum to pull the fuel adequately. You could also have another type of fuel pump issue. You could also have intake issues. Typically when the intake gets dirty, and the IACV (Idel Control Valve Assembly) gets dirty, it can cause a rough idle. Plenty of posts on this as well.