94 Es300 Problems With Idle And Rpms - Need Help

MartinG5

We just purchased a 94 ES300 for our son. Ran well on the way home from person we purchased it from. Then upon starting the car would not make any power or idle. It was turned off for a few minutes, restarted, ran fine. Made a couple of short trips then the problem reoccured. Convinced it was a fuel problem, changed the fuel pump and filter, started the car, car made horsepower normally, allowed car to go to idle. At that time the cold idle kicked out and the problem returned. HELP!!!!!! please.

I cant be much of a help.. I would have looked the same direction as you toward the fuel system..but, I am a good promo manager... you might look for Smooth1I am sure if he isnt around he will be probably tomorrow.. hes pretty hands on and from what I have read up on and done.. he is usually right on the money most of the time.. have to give him props.. There are alot of people on here that have alot of knowlege about these cars.. dont get discouraged keep checking for a few days someone usually does help... and Welcome to the LOC...

Sounds like the IACV acting up. There are several DIY tutorials on here on how to clean it; just do a search on here for Idle Air Control Valve. A good cleaning does wonders. It could also be your MAF, and that can be cleaned with spray automotive electrical cleaner (you don't want to touch the sensor elements).