Wanted 1997 Lx450 Engine

jkLX450

Hello to all. I own a 1997 LX450 with 170,000 miles and just recently blew the head gasket, which apparently is a common issue. My mechanic just let me know that after further investigation I need a new engine. The only one he seems to be able to find is through jasper ($7000). Does anyone know where I may find an engine that doesn't cost so much? Also, I may be looking for a new mechanic soon so if anyone knows of one near Knoxville, TN please let me know. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all. I own a 1997 LX450 with 170,000 miles and just recently blew the head gasket, which apparently is a common issue. My mechanic just let me know that after further investigation I need a new engine. The only one he seems to be able to find is through jasper ($7000). Does anyone know where I may find an engine that doesn't cost so much? Also, I may be looking for a new mechanic soon so if anyone knows of one near Knoxville, TN please let me know. Thanks.

I bet Cruiserparts.net has some used 1FZ motors.

Also, I've got a name of a cruiser mechanic out west that may have a motor he has rebuilt that you could buy. This guy is top knotch and has an impeccable on these motors. If he has one that was rebuilt, it was done right. Let me know if you want contact info. to talk to him.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes that would be great if you could give me his contact info. Thank you for your help.

I bet Cruiserparts.net has some used 1FZ motors.

Also, I've got a name of a cruiser mechanic out west that may have a motor he has rebuilt that you could buy. This guy is top knotch and has an impeccable on these motors. If he has one that was rebuilt, it was done right. Let me know if you want contact info. to talk to him.