Brake Fluid

What brake fluid does a 92 SC4 take??

You should use a name brand DOT 4 brake fluid. Synthetic is fine; If you are flushing the fluid, you can save some time by sucking some out of the resevoir and filling it with the new fluid before you begin with the wheels.

How much does the system hold, will 1quart be enough?

What brake fluid does a 92 SC4 take??

You should use a name brand DOT 4 brake fluid. Synthetic is fine; If you are flushing the fluid, you can save some time by sucking some out of the resevoir and filling it with the new fluid before you begin with the wheels.

anyone know?

Don't question it. Get a second.

It's cheaper/easier/more convenient to have it on hand than to try and run back to the store for another.

If you don't need it, you will have it for later, or you can return it next time you are there.

Don't question it. Get a second.

It's cheaper/easier/more convenient to have it on hand than to try and run back to the store for another.

If you don't need it, you will have it for later, or you can return it next time you are there.

alrighty, im past that part, it holds just over a quart, dead empty. Thankyou for your help zeus87gn. Now a bit more difficult one, lol. I've got some ceramic pads, drilled slotted and vented rotors that just came in, but before i go breaking those caliper bolts loose, does any know what to torque the front and back caliper bolts back to once put back together? :chairshot:

alrighty, im past that part, it holds just over a quart, dead empty. Thankyou for your help zeus87gn. Now a bit more difficult one, lol. I've got some ceramic pads, drilled slotted and vented rotors that just came in, but before i go breaking those caliper bolts loose, does any know what to torque the front and back caliper bolts back to once put back together? :chairshot:

You're welcome for the help.

You're question happens not to be diffucult. I just got my manual on disk and have it here.

If you're going to torque the components back together, this is what my book says (guessin my book is the right one):

Front torque plate (armature that the caliper bolts to) - 87ftlb

Front caliper to torque plate - 25ftlb

Rear torque plate (armature...) - 77ftlb

Reat caliper to torque plate - 25ftlb

Personally, I have never torqued any calipers or armatures back on the vehicles I have worked on with an actual torque wrench (although I do have one). I put them back on as tight as I can get them by hand with a typical socket wrench (usually a 3/8' but sometimes a 1/2"), and then either put a pipe on the end of the wrench and give it a little more or wack the wrench once or twice with my dead blow hammer (no pipe). Sounds rediculous, but it works. I've been doing this for many years now and haven't had a problem. Even so, I won't fault anyone for proper torquing.

HTH

Z

alrighty, im past that part, it holds just over a quart, dead empty. Thankyou for your help zeus87gn. Now a bit more difficult one, lol. I've got some ceramic pads, drilled slotted and vented rotors that just came in, but before i go breaking those caliper bolts loose, does any know what to torque the front and back caliper bolts back to once put back together?:chairshot:

You're welcome for the help.

You're question happens not to be diffucult. I just got my manual on disk and have it here.

If you're going to torque the components back together, this is what my book says (guessin my book is the right one):

Front torque plate (armature that the caliper bolts to) - 87ftlb

Front caliper to torque plate - 25ftlb

Rear torque plate (armature...) - 77ftlb

Reat caliper to torque plate - 25ftlb

Personally, I have never torqued any calipers or armatures back on the vehicles I have worked on with an actual torque wrench (although I do have one). I put them back on as tight as I can get them by hand with a typical socket wrench (usually a 3/8' but sometimes a 1/2"), and then either put a pipe on the end of the wrench and give it a little more or wack the wrench once or twice with my dead blow hammer (no pipe). Sounds rediculous, but it works. I've been doing this for many years now and haven't had a problem. Even so, I won't fault anyone for proper torquing.

HTH

Z

Thank you buddy, which one of those descriptions is for torquing the caliper halves? The description is kind of confusing when saying Torque plate and Armature. I have never used a torque wrench before either, but sh*t for these cars arent cheap, and i dont want to take the risk of snapping anything, lol. From your description you have inspired me to put my ASE certs. What really sucks is that i cant pull any of this info up on the databases at work, even though its all Toyota parts, i cant see any of it.

Thank you buddy, which one of those descriptions is for torquing the caliper halves? The description is kind of confusing when saying Torque plate and Armature. I have never used a torque wrench before either, but sh*t for these cars arent cheap, and i dont want to take the risk of snapping anything, lol. From your description you have inspired me to put my ASE certs. What really sucks is that i cant pull any of this info up on the databases at work, even though its all Toyota parts, i cant see any of it.

The ASE thing is a joke b/w me and some of my friends on the Buick board. We're all a little nuts.

I would hope there wouldn't be a problem in snapping bolts with these cars, but I have seen stranger things happen. Lemme try to explain better. I have exploded diagram captured from the manual. Youcan see the torque plate and the caliper. Being in the parts business, you should recognize this. It's for the rear. The front is similiar.

post-80093-1223999015_thumb.jpg

The ASE thing is a joke b/w me and some of my friends on the Buick board. We're all a little nuts.

I would hope there wouldn't be a problem in snapping bolts with these cars, but I have seen stranger things happen. Lemme try to explain better. I have exploded diagram captured from the manual. Youcan see the torque plate and the caliper. Being in the parts business, you should recognize this. It's for the rear. The front is similiar.

post-80093-1223999015_thumb.jpg

Thanks buddy, the diagram is a massive help, i live off of those things in our F.A.S.T. system for finding parts. It'll be alot of help!