Rx "how To"

smooth1

I've noticed some How to's floating around here, and rather then have them lost on the back pages I figured I would just link them all in here for everyone to use. If you know of any others or would like to make one, let me know and I'll link them in here. These were just some of the ones I could find.

2003 RX 300 Repair manual

1999 RX 300 Manual

Idle Air Control / Idle air control valve & throttlebody cleaning

$15 repair for Door actuator

Navigation Hacks and hidden menues and options

Trailor hitch assembly and How to

1999 RX antenae replacement step by step

How to smoke out your tail lights

Step by step RX 330 Oil Change

2004 RX 330 Spark Plug replacement

• 4 months later...

I've located a copy of the repair manual and have posted in on my site for all to enjoy. The site is going to eventually be about my 1985 red Porsche 928 S that I'm restoring to be a show car but for now, I just post stuff there since I know that it is not going away anytime soon; it's my domain.

www.red928.com/Lexus/Lexus_-_RX-300_Repair_Manual_1999.pdf

My thanks to grataballi who posted the link to the file sharing site where I obtained the copy. B)

How can I get this post 'Pinned'?

I've located a copy of the repair manual and have posted in on my site for all to enjoy. The site is going to eventually be about my 1985 red Porsche 928 S that I'm restoring to be a show car but for now, I just post stuff there since I know that it is not going away anytime soon; it's my domain.

My thanks to grataballi who posted the link to the file sharing site where I obtained the copy. B)

Thank you very much, DMW99RX300. I have downloaded and saved the manual and I'm sure it will be extremely useful in the future.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry it took awhile to get back, but I added the link to the list. Thank you for contributing.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know how to program a keyless remote for RX300?

No. It has to be done by the dealer. The key has to be registered to the ECU in order to activate and deactivate the security system.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Can anyone tell me how to "jump" the drivers window switch so I can get it to go up? I had it at the garage and the mechanic got it to go up but I didn't see what pins he used to do it.....He said not to use it until I replace the master control..... First thing the wife did when she got in....... Put the window down any help would greatly appreciated

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Don't want to clog forums with questions already asked/answered. But my RX300 has a mysterious leak somewhere when it rains, such that the carpets get soaked (the low spots being worst of course, but the driver's side left side well seems quite wet, as well as the spare tire compartment having standing water in it at one point. Most everything left in the car ended up rusty, given the time before I really took notice (all I noticed at first was the interior windows always fogging up into 'unseeable' condition. But I live in the Pacific Northwest (rains 9 months of the year), the car was kept outside on a driveway with a modreate steep downward slope (that's front (high) to back (low) for the car), and I think probably the covers over the carpet hid it until it soaked thru those, too, and I began paying more attention and finding the leak problem results in many parts of the car, from the floor carpet to under the optional carpet rear cargo carpet protector (that could've been just condensation on the rubber back over time, rather than the result of a direct leak - I can't be positive.) But things like having standing water in the well of the spare tire (the lowest point in the frame of the car) was pretty alarming. At the time the weather was dry, and for days on end, I put the car outside with all the openable things open, and put heaters and fans pushing air into it, while removing all mats and spray regularly and liberally with Lysol (anti-mold IMHO), as well as putting one of those things you use for drying out basements (draws water into it) when the car needed to be closed. Good news was that it made me clear space in the garage to keep it out of the rain. I don't drive much, so I haven't noticed a return of this. But I'm sure it's still there. The other day it rained and some of the carpet might or might not have been damp - hard to tell. Maybe it takes a certain amount of rainfall to accumulate, maybe not. I'm not eager to repeat what I did last fall. The car is a 1999 Rx300, with only 85k on it - but it spent a lot of its life outside in torrid Texas summers, where temps are in the 90's and up for months - probably not real good for rubber seals and drainage channels. It does have a sun/moonroof which, while almost never used (open), does of course have seals to it. I cannot say where, exactly, the leak came from.

My problem is this: In reading the forums, that kind of problem is mentioned for many different Lexus model. The problem cause, and solutions, both have numerous conflicting answers, from drainage holes in near the sunroof to windshield replacements being the problem (yes, I had my windshield replaced in the last couple of years. Even if I knew *which* was the problem's cause, there is often not a singular or confirmed working solution: e.g., in one thread, clogged drainage holes are near the sunroof are deemed to be the likely problem. Some threads/sites say there's a kind of black wire you can feed down those holes to clear the clog (I wonder - would that not have a high chance of poking new holes in portions of the drainage system that might be rubber, long weakened or compromised by the heat?), to the solution of clearing out the holes with 'air'. Others said, 'not your problem - tell your insurance company, likely they may pay for mold'. That sounds dubious, but even if so, do I have to let everything re-mold to do that? Not great.

So, I realize 'different ideas' always exist. I'm wondering if 1. People have had experience with confirmed ID of problems; 2. What solutions actually worked and how was it done? (compressed air in roof drain holes the safest thing that 'worked'?). I thank all in advance for any help, and apologize if this should be in other forums and/or not reposted elsewhere. BTW, the dealer where I live now I do not consider honest nor trustworthy, so I don't think they'll be an ally in this, but I may be wrong on that.

seems predominately the excess water is blocked sunroof drain holes or the exit holes in the wheel well areas of the cars. Some have used compressed air, and others have found mud buildup in the wheel wells clogging the drain holes from the sunroof. That would be my first attempt at solving the problem.

• Like 1

lenore,

I really appreciate your response. That does sound like the easiest, most logical thing to first try. I'll give it a go when I can find a compressed air source, and when it lets up raining here long enough to venture out. (Pacific Northwest - aka 'Northwest of Normal', as it rains most days, Oct. to June.)