1994 Ls400 18" Vs Stock Wheels Before And After Pics

LukeG

Tire Rack has some really nice 18" BFG tires on sale right now so I pulled the trigger.

I didn't want blinged out wheels and was looking for something with more of a factory look, just more modern. I am EXTREMELY happy with this wheel and tire combo. The ride quality was hardly affected and the car feels slightly more stiff (an improvement to me). The new wheels and tires are really close (within .75 of an inch) to being the same overall diameter as the factory wheels and tires, so not much changed.

Stock: 225/60/16

Now: 235/50/18

Tire Rack was awesome and I can't say enough good things about them. While I wasn't thrilled about paying $100 for shipping, I did get the tires and wheels (mounted and balanced for free!) next day because they were shipped from Georgia.

ls400-before-and-after-18-inch-wheels.jpg

Both of your vehicles need lowered. I'm not too big of a fan of chrome anymore I like the more subtle silver or machined.

The wheels are nice, but in my personal opinion a vehicle should never have aftermarket wheels like that if it's not going to be lowered.

IMO it looks very funny not lowered.

But it's your car so the look is up to you. Keep it how you're happy with it. :cheers:

To each their own...and being a car fanatic of all kinds of cars ...I like them both...I have factory chrome lexus rims and thought very seriously about putting aftermarket on..keep talking myself out of it afraid of messing with the already perfect ride :D ...and that would be just wrong...lol :(

I'm picking up a set of stock 97 16" fatties on Sunday for $140! going to get some high high end 80k mile tires and keep those. Probably lower it on them.

I love lowered cars on stock wheels sometimes, and I think this will look great.

Just like these but silver not chrome

http://www.lextasy.com/Lexus-LS400-Authent...rome-Wheels.htm

• 1 month later...

If you want stock wheels, get mine. 1st generation IS300 wheels. 18" and still lexus. Lots of the residents down in Detroit love dropped 20's on their LS400s. When my girlfriends and I see those we know who is driving for sure! Rollin' on 'dubs G! Lol! :lol: Sometimes it is just a twink boy with his left hand up on the top of the wheel with the seat pushed way back. Just as funny to us girls!

meh

Man, I feel old. I had to look up "meh". FWIW, I think the new 18's are nice looking, better than the stock.

I need new rims on mine and was going to get 16's but after seeing that....do Blizzaks come in 18 and that profile? I have to deal w/snow :D

Luke, what is the make/model of those wheels?

• 9 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/24/2018 at 6:57 PM, LSfromOR said:

Really Billy, you really should pay more attention at your bible study on how to be kind.  

I know you are right, old satan just slips up on me sometimes too....

• Like 1

On 5/24/2018 at 6:57 PM, LSfromOR said:

Really Billy, you really should pay more attention at your bible study on how to be kind.  

Billy did exactly the right thing by bringing the age of this thread to the poster's attention.  The OP hasn't logged on to this forum since May 30, 2009 so there is no point in asking him a question.

New members like LSfromOR sometimes don't realize how these forums work.