Merry X-mas!

STOKED

Hey guys! Merry X-mas to everyone. I hope everyone had a enjoyable day. I know I did.. Wisconsin.. 43 degrees, Christmas, No snow, which means I got to drive the car all day. Very happy about that. I was going to wait until spring to get Tint, since I figured the car would already be put away for the winter, but with the mild weather we're having, I might try and head up next week and do 20% all the way around. I've gotten so many tickets in the past for window tint on my other cars, nothing too agressive for me. You guys with tint, what do you guys have?

Basically in California you can't have tint in the front windows or the windshield. Only factory tint. You might be able to get away if you put some more brown tint on the window because I believe the factory tint it brown with a strip of black on the top of the windshield. I don't personally know anyone who has been pulled over, but my brother's friends have been pulled over by the CHP (cal highway patrol).

Mine are 35% - standard southern regulations I think.  Merry christmas by the way.  Just got back.  Sick as a dog.  Damn flue.

Hey man, becarefull with this flu and mad cow epidemic going around.

Maryland is 35% all around except for the front. Very small strip above. I personally have 20% and it looks great. If you get 20%, when the cops pull you over, roll down your windows-all the way.

wb AWJ, I'm sick as hell too. I don't know what's going on with me. Anyways, here in Wisconsin legal is 35% on the rear 50% on the sides. Anything darker can warrant you a $127 ticket. Second offense is more, with points off your license. I got away with 3 tickets before they finally started taking points off my license before. At that point, I figured it was time to take the tint off. At 25% I really don't think anyone's going to complain. If they do throw a fit, I'll just have to take it off and do it legal.

here in tejas its 35% sides and rear, anything more is illegal... so i got 35%, you can go more, i know a guy with 40 something all aound, windsheild and all. its a baby blue m3 and wow it looks good. lexus proviedes an awsome mirror tint (pricey and only looks good on white and silver cars)

oh yah and it reached 64 degrees here in the Dallas area. nice day to clean the car

A few years ago the California Vehicle Code was changed allowing one specific film to be applied to the front two doors of cars / trucks in California.

The legal film is called LLumar UVShield. This film is a light (25%) tint that stops 99.9% of A and B UV from passing through it. It will also stop you from getting a tint ticket. The CHP and some local agencies are now writing the tint ticket as a $77.00 fine (no more fix it).

With the legal UVShield you get a manufactures certificate that your car is legally tinted.

www.ca.gov.dmv section 26780 last three paragraphs describes the legal film and the certificate required.

If you want more information on legal tinting please check out this web site or call (949) 365-9092. We are in Mission Viejo, Calif.

aterrifictint.com

try it out guys, it sounds promising. B)

www.ca.gov.dmv section 26780 last three paragraphs describes the legal film and the certificate required.

It's http://www.dmv.ca.gov and the code is 26708.

"(d) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), clear, colorless, and

transparent material may be installed, affixed, or applied to the

front side windows, located to the immediate left and right of the

front seat if the following conditions are met:

(1) The material has a minimum visible light transmittance of 88

percent.

(2) The window glazing with the material applied meets all

requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 205 (49

C.F.R. 571.205), including the specified minimum light transmittance

of 70 percent and the abrasion resistance of AS-14 glazing, as

specified in that federal standard.

(3) The material is designed and manufactured to enhance the

ability of the existing window glass to block the sun's harmful

ultraviolet A rays.

(4) The driver has in his or her possession, or within the

vehicle, a certificate signed by the installing company certifying

that the windows with the material installed meet the requirements of

this subdivision and identifies the installing company and the

material's manufacturer by full name and street address, or, if the

material was installed by the vehicle owner, a certificate signed by

the material's manufacturer certifying that the windows with the

material installed according to manufacturer's instructions meets the

requirements of this subdivision and identifies the material's

manufacturer by full name and street address.

(5) If the material described in this subdivision tears or

bubbles, or is otherwise worn to prohibit clear vision, it shall be

removed or replaced."