Where To Find Temperature Indicator Tab Above The Temp Knob?

cfiiman

Hey everyone. I am missing the little plastic temperature indicator tab that is backlit just above the temperature control knob in the radio/ac head unit. I've been calling around but no junk yard wants to pop one out for obvious reasons, and Lexus told me I would have to buy some whole bezel/screen/vents that went all the way around everything for a cost of 700+ :lol: Anyone know where I can get this thing? I think I'm going to have a problem b/c even on the used market no one would be willing to pop the tab out of the head unit to sell seperate. Do I really have to buy a whole radio/ac head unit to get a .10 cent tab? Thanks,

J

I ran into the SAME problem a few years ago. Ended up just selling the car... but your best bet is to find a used whole unit for cheap on ebay, pop the tab, and re-sell the unit with the tab missing. Most people buying used radio consoles already have that tab, they might just need the rest to be in better condition, buttons working etc....