My Back Pains When I Drive Long In My Is

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have no back problems. It never hurts.

EXCEPT

when I drive in my IS for an extended period of time (about an hour or more).

I've tried every seat position, adjusted lumbar, nothing is working.

Remove your wallet from your back pocket.......................

Have you tried a more relaxed position for long drives? Seat further back, steering wheel low, and close to the ground. This allows you to stretch your legs fully and extend them. I assume you are using cruise control, that will reduce the tension in your leg muscles.

I agree. Not much side bolster and lower back support compared to some other high end cars.

Just curious what other "high end" cars you were refering to.

Interesting...I thought that was just me. I've had the same issue and keep playing with the lumbar support.

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Have you found a solution?

I'm really upset about this because it really is a problem for me because I drive for long distances relatively often and am just thnkng about trading it in for an RX if I can't resolve the issue.

I agree. Not much side bolster and lower back support compared to some other high end cars.

Just curious what other "high end" cars you were refering to.

'08 Porsche 911 Turbo with adaptive sport seat option. I have recently driven 1K miles in one 15 hour day. Twice in the same week.

'07 MB CLK 550. Wife's. Only marginally better than IS350 considering the premium.

I am 6ft 3 and also get back pain after about 500 kms .I am wondering if all people getting back pain are tall.I find that if I put the backrest upright and the seat at its lowest I am more comfortable.My wife also complains about the comfort in the passenger seat.The RX is an option but shape is old and needs to be updated

I am 5 10 and had the same problem.

Short distances, everything was fine.

Long distances, over 2-3 hours, I started to feel the discomfort and some pain in the back.

After playing around the seat position, I figured out that I get no/less pain, when the seat is lowest and using some lumbar support. Also, cruise control helped me tremendously.

I am 6ft 3 and also get back pain after about 500 kms .I am wondering if all people getting back pain are tall.I find that if I put the backrest upright and the seat at its lowest I am more comfortable.My wife also complains about the comfort in the passenger seat.The RX is an option but shape is old and needs to be updated

nah i'm only 5' 8"

im going to write a letter to Lexus about this because I basically wasted 36,000 dollars on a car that i WANT to drive and enjoy but can't. i'm 20 so i don't want to trade it in for an RX or an ES b/c which college kid would look cool in one of those?

anyone know the address for lexus? if not i'll find it.

'08 Porsche 911 Turbo with adaptive sport seat option. I have recently driven 1K miles in one 15 hour day. Twice in the same week.

That vehicle is probably 3 times the cost of an IS...not a fair comparison there...

1 the seat may be designed to be ergonomically correct by making you correct your posture.

2 Most people who have pain in their legs and back after a few hours is because they have poor seating conditions for their body structure. It comes down to the same thing as women wearing the wrong bra and refusing it is wrong because ti always worked before.

Other than at the track i never see people sit properly in alignment for their back and removing the pressure.

So unless you get a big comfy sofa leaning back or just being laid out is not reducing the stress but increasing it.

If you did not take the car for a proper test drive then it really is only up to yourself to look at for not realising the issue before the purchase.

1 the seat may be designed to be ergonomically correct by making you correct your posture.

2 Most people who have pain in their legs and back after a few hours is because they have poor seating conditions for their body structure. It comes down to the same thing as women wearing the wrong bra and refusing it is wrong because ti always worked before.

Other than at the track i never see people sit properly in alignment for their back and removing the pressure.

So unless you get a big comfy sofa leaning back or just being laid out is not reducing the stress but increasing it.

If you did not take the car for a proper test drive then it really is only up to yourself to look at for not realising the issue before the purchase.

you're incorrect.

I don't know. I think SK has a good point. I mean, it's not like the seat is fixed. It's a 10 way power adjustable with an adjustable lumbar support! How can it be the seats fault?

I know I have the seat postioned for my trips back and fourth to work and the everyday drive, and when I go on much longer trips, I move the seat to a much more comfortable long term position. I've been on some 10 hour trips, no problem.

ri*BLEEP*hen7, if you don't like your car, sell it. You've posted threads your car not fast enouph, it rattles, it leaks oil, now the seats aren't comfortable and you wasted $36,000.00 on it. And it's all the cars fault. You picked it man! Do you allways make such terrible selections? Go get a Honda ricer and learn how to drift. Quit complaining.

I don't know. I think SK has a good point. I mean, it's not like the seat is fixed. It's a 10 way power adjustable with an adjustable lumbar support! How can it be the seats fault?

I know I have the seat postioned for my trips back and fourth to work and the everyday drive, and when I go on much longer trips, I move the seat to a much more comfortable long term position. I've been on some 10 hour trips, no problem.

ri*BLEEP*hen7, if you don't like your car, sell it. You've posted threads your car not fast enouph, it rattles, it leaks oil, now the seats aren't comfortable and you wasted $36,000.00 on it. And it's all the cars fault. You picked it man! Do you allways make such terrible selections? Go get a Honda ricer and learn how to drift. Quit complaining.

Hi Smooth1

I tend to agree with you .How many 20 year olds can afford $36 000 to buy a car (spoilt maybe? ).I knew that the car was small when I bought it and 99% of the time I drive it alone.I just need to fiddle more to find the comfort zone

That vehicle is probably 3 times the cost of an IS...not a fair comparison there...

I agree, and the IS seats are ok. In all other aspects, the IS has been a very good car for the money.

Schwinn makes a very nice padded seat for the long trip :lol:

Rishy -

I'd have to agree with some of the other posts. Although this site is intended for people to connect with other Lexus owners and share their thoughts, knowledge, concerns, complaints, good & bad stories, suggestions, etc. it seems that you tend to "complain" a LOT! Which begs the question, "WHY did you buy the car?"

Instead of trying to find EVERYTHING wrong with your IS 250, why don't you at least make an attempt to look for the postive things you like about the car that YOU chose to purchase? As you mature, you will realize it is not always about looking "cool"! The IS line is a sports car, NOT a "cruiser". If you want more luxury for long trips then I would recommend the ES, which I own and is a great long distance driving vechicle.

You are VERY blessed to be 20 and own such a great car! Stop complaining and try to enjoy the luxuries you have in your young adult life :D

Rishy -

I'd have to agree with some of the other posts. Although this site is intended for people to connect with other Lexus owners and share their thoughts, knowledge, concerns, complaints, good & bad stories, suggestions, etc. it seems that you tend to "complain" a LOT! Which begs the question, "WHY did you buy the car?"

Instead of trying to find EVERYTHING wrong with your IS 250, why don't you at least make an attempt to look for the postive things you like about the car that YOU chose to purchase? As you mature, you will realize it is not always about looking "cool"! The IS line is a sports car, NOT a "cruiser". If you want more luxury for long trips then I would recommend the ES, which I own and is a great long distance driving vechicle.

You are VERY blessed to be 20 and own such a great car! Stop complaining and try to enjoy the luxuries you have in your young adult life :D

ya ya'll are all right. it's my backs fault.