Modding My Is 350

I've been doing alot of R&D, and trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my ride. As of now it's bone stock and that will just never do. So, after being extremely patient, I decided I would start with suspension and rims first.

On my IS 300 I went with the Tein CS coilovers. They were great, I loved em. But, I didn't really like the EDFC system they have. You have to bring the car to a stop, enter the dampening change, then drive the car to feel if that is what you wanted or not. Kinda lame if you ask me. So, I looked at a bunch of other coilovers on the market and it really comes down to some trade off's. Like the Megan LP's are a really nice coilover! I don't know why I don't see those on more IS'! The only thing is they don't offer the electronic adjustability. So, I decided to go with the Tenabe Sustec Pro 5's and the TEAS controller. Especially after really looking into this. The TEAS is a fully active suspension system. You can tune the suspension to be softer at low speeds and stiffen up as the car speeds up. Nice! Here's a link if you want to read up on it for yourself:

Tenabe TEAS active control Suspension

I have the coilovers here. I'll post pics later. As I do this install, I'm going to make a "How to" and add it to the sticky at the top here for everyones info later. So' I'll be sure to take lots of pics do a step by step.

While I am on this subject, I'm also going to paint my calipers, and I have already purchased new rims also. (post-42851-1223337775.gifOH YEAH! ) I swear, I spent 6 months looking for the right set. I looked at everything, and then looked again! And when I saw the Work Varianza T1S's, with a polished finish,

post-42851-1223438085_thumb.jpg

I knew I found the rims for me! So I went with 19x8.5 in the front and 19x9.5 in the rear. I also went with a more aggressive offset. I measured the well and the tires a few times, I'm pretty certian I got it right. The only thing is they have to make the rims as the Varianza's are a custom rim, and the offsets. So I have to wait like 6-8 weeks for them to be delivered. I actually got them about 2 weeks ago, so another month maybe? I'm thinking about going with the GoodYear F1 Asymetrics also. But I haven't made up my mind yet on that. I may just get the Michelin PS2's again. I'm also looking at getting the Tenabe Medallion exhaust system, but I saw JoeZ just came out with a true dual, so I was going to wait until I get more info on that system. And I'm signed up for a group buy to get the rear window spoiler. Hopefully that will pan out. $150 bucks shipped! I haven't seen any better prices than that one. After all that I think I might, and I say might, look into a lip kit. It depends on how far I drop the suspension and all.

I'm also going to do a small audio upgrade. I was thinking about pulling the bass speaker from the back and putting in a stronger one like an 8'' JL Audio W3, and just bump up the amp to that. Anyone with advice, opinions, tips or tricks I might not know about, please post up. Help is allways appreciated.

Edited by smooth1
added photo

Smooth -

Nice mod choices! I just had GY F1's installed on my 06 350! They provide a SWEET stance and the performance has yet to be tested in bad weather (i.e.: snow). However, I have driven it in some heavy rains and the tires performed exceptionally well.

Have fun with your mods.

Thanks BaddBoi. Are you running the all-seasons?

I just finished installing the coilovers. I have to say, I'm allways surprised how nice a ride aftermarket coilovers offer compared to OEM offerings. Even lowered, the ride is soooo much smoother and handles the sharp bumps much nicer! Body roll is improved quite a bit, and turning response is a bit crisper. I think the new tires will help alot there also. Speaking of which, anyone running Yokohama S Drives? I have a friend here who swears by em, and loves the ride. He said it's every bit as quiet with great grip, and response. Plus you can save a few bucks on em. I looked at em and they are a good looking tire. Any feedback anyone?

Smooth -

Yes, I am running the F1 All Seasons.

Yeah the F1 All-seasons are a great tire. I had mixed reviews about them before, and I didn't really like how they felt, but later I found out the car they were on had some serious toe-in and camber issues, so they were cupped on the inside real bad. Later after those issues were addressed and he purchased new F1's, I drove the car again, and it was a completely different car!

I'm still looking for some real feedback on the Yokohama S Drives. I live in Florida, so I just want summer tires as they are the "All Season" tire for down here. :lol:

I hope they are as good a tire as they look.