1997 Ls 400 Power Steering Hose Leaking

pondfisher

My 1997 LS 400 high pressure power steering hose is leaking and the dealer wants $493.00 for a new one. Is there a parts house that stocks this type of part at a discount?

I bought 1994 LS400 Power Steering Pressure Hose from this guy (ABC Marts) on eBay for a little more than $100, it fit like OEM without any leak.

Before you go and spend 300.00 to 500.00 in the new complet hose, make sure you see where the leak is coming from. I can almost bet is from the Bolt Union that holds the H-Press Hose that is connected to the P/S Pump, if that is your case the fix is very cheap just look up this part number 96341-41603 that is for a 1998 but get the same for your year model, and presto. The dealer wanted to replace the hose when the problem is not in the hose but the union that becomes burr with the years. Mine has 10 years running I bought the part because they said it was leaking again and when my indy mechanics check when making a repair of the Rack the found everything pristine, the new leak was in the rack and valve covers wich get mixed and is believed that is the H-Press Hose. Clean the valve cover area of the engine, and the P/S Pump bolt union area and start real troubleshouting, the dealer all it wants is to fix your car but at expense of your pockets not theirs. I would not be surprised to find out they put the Hi-press hose in, and replace the bolt and valve covers but charge the more expensive part the hose, since the covers can be had for 48 and the bolt, uion for 15 to 20, but the hose will run for about 600 when is not really needed, good profits dont you think. I charge 300 plus for two cheapt parts which in my goodness I will throw in as a gift, been there.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...l%3Den%26sa%3DG

Great product to clean the engine, but I do not get a dime from them people I reccomend it because it works great and it does not seem harmful to plastic and other materials in the engine bay, follow instructions on the product carefully cover sensors to avoid problems later on.

CPR

PD, I got one of them sitting sell it for 12 plus shiipping it is in the bag. CPR 96341-41603 Bolt Union