The War Is Over!

tonyw

My fight is done. Some of you have read my posts and replied, thank you very much.

But, my lexus has died.

My starter was dead, so I had to what a few weeks to get a new one. So in the mean time I thought I would clean the engine up a bit. took off the valve covers,

and the throttle body, all the little small things in the engine compartment, and cleaned them up and threw on some high heat paint. a couple of the injectors were

bad so I bought some new ones and also bought some new o rings for the rest. I got the new starter. put that in put everything back together. checked and

triple check every line, bolt and nut. Put a fresh battery in started it up, and 10 seconds later FIRE WAS ENGOLFING THE ENTIRE ENGINE. No fire extingusher so

had to call 911. But it was going to be too latethe cracked the windshield. fried just about everything on the left hand side of the engine. It was and is not pretty.

don't know what the cause was and I really don't care. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who replied to my posts.

My fight is done. Some of you have read my posts and replied, thank you very much.

But, my lexus has died.

My starter was dead, so I had to what a few weeks to get a new one. So in the mean time I thought I would clean the engine up a bit. took off the valve covers,

and the throttle body, all the little small things in the engine compartment, and cleaned them up and threw on some high heat paint. a couple of the injectors were

bad so I bought some new ones and also bought some new o rings for the rest. I got the new starter. put that in put everything back together. checked and

triple check every line, bolt and nut. Put a fresh battery in started it up, and 10 seconds later FIRE WAS ENGOLFING THE ENTIRE ENGINE. No fire extingusher so

had to call 911. But it was going to be too latethe cracked the windshield. fried just about everything on the left hand side of the engine. It was and is not pretty.

don't know what the cause was and I really don't care. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who replied to my posts.

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear that. If your car meant as much to you, as my car means to me, then you must be devistated :(

But, my lexus has died.

How did the engine catch fire? Insurance?

But, my lexus has died.

How did the engine catch fire? Insurance?

I really don't know. The best guess is left over cleaner. But it happened so quickly. It very well could have beem electrical.