Water Under The Carpet

Here are some pictures of what is involved in repairing a leaking evaporator box. Somehow, the price from the Lexus garage seems more reasonable as I look at these. The black seal in the last picture is where the leak occurred. Nothing a $3.00 tube of silicone and fifteen or so hours couldn't fix. :D

post-4610-1223267845_thumb.jpg

post-4610-1223267852_thumb.jpg

post-4610-1223267858_thumb.jpg

post-4610-1223267864_thumb.jpg

post-4610-1223267873_thumb.jpg

Here are some pictures of what is involved in repairing a leaking evaporator box. Somehow, the price from the Lexus garage seems more reasonable as I look at these. The black seal in the last picture is where the leak occurred. Nothing a $3.00 tube of silicone and fifteen or so hours couldn't fix. :D

Holy Crap.

BP

• 3 months later...

I went through the same thing this past summer... Had a mechanic friend take it all apart at his shop, re-seal evap box and reinstall. Lexus wanted 2500 or so to replace entire assembly when all I needed was the evap box which they would not sell seperatly. So far so good, I hope you have as much luck as I did.