First Time Using Flex, Claying Etc.

Ok I am in love with the Flex. 1st time using and here is a summary of what i did. took me over 6 hours (10-25 mins in eating breaks, some more time waiting for glaze and sealent to cure)

Note: After getting my Obsidian(black) Lexus es350 Ultra lux with nav-ML stereo etc at the end april I brought it to a car wash (supposedly boars head brush only -BS) they scratched the hell out of it with shallow surface scratches. using DWG and UPGP, ps21 carnuba wax the scratches were well hidden and the car shined. but to my eye at the right angle i could see them!!!

The flex took off 99.999995% (one scratch left in an awkward small area above door handle from kids ring i assumeI will use orange pad to remove in a week or so) of these scratches swirls etc...... :ph34r::cheers:

And I am happy to say my only hurt is my back, no hand issues with vibrations-which i heard a PC might do--i used flex on 3 passes in total

I was trying to capture pix of scratches but the car was to shiny from past apps of dwg and upgp i used a pc shade to cut down reflection and will post pix in the future in my albums...

thanks to detail doc and all for the guidance on polishing!

Wash:

Grid bucket

Ultima wash

MF mitt--dry with MF der wunder towel

Clay:

sonus green clay

blue magic lubricant (will use the blue clay for wifes truck in a week or 2)

Polish:

Taped up with 3M tape

Sonus SFX2 with LC white pad

Flex on setting 6 to polish--2x2 areas with dime size product

Merzena TOp inspection to wipe off polish residue

Sonus FX3 -Flex on setting 4- with Lake C blue pad

Glaze-Seal:

DWG - I luv this stuff!!! flex on 3 with LC black pad

Ultima PGP - one coat by hand mf applicator

Wheels - Z16 by zaino

Inside -

Vacuumed with metro vac n blo-and used damp MF cloth to clean dash seats etc--plan to use sonus cockpit and ultima interior guard plus on Monday to finish interior

Good job. It's nice to hear you finally got this addressed and corrected. And the fact that you were able to do it yourself makes it that much better. It's too bad you didn't do the before and after shots. That would have been very interesting to see!

here are my after pix, my one before shot is to hard to see scratches on..the Danase wet glaze and UPGP, wax etc. really covered em up nice...

only at angles and with proper lighting could you see the many many scratches--especially on trunk and the hood...

So a bad thing (bringing to carwash) worked out in getting me into doing it myself--now I will clean up my wifes truck and others. and should I get a future scratch..no problem ..cause I ahve the Flex! :lol:

post-67703-1223324537_thumb.jpg

post-67703-1223324547_thumb.jpg

post-67703-1223324553_thumb.jpg

post-67703-1223324563_thumb.jpg

post-67703-1223324573_thumb.jpg

Looks great! Did you put the DWG on top of the UPGP or vice versa?

I went to the Danase website and laughed at the product description:

Warning: Wet Glaze leaves paint looking dripping wet and could cause the vehicles owner to continuously try and dry the vehicle. This could lead to premature wear and tear on your drying towels.

thanks! DWG 30 minutes to cure and than UPGP.

Honestly get the DWG... if u just order that get 2 or more bottles to defray the shipping cost.

smells like grape when applying, but after u put it on (I did by hand for few months before getting the flex) it will so increase the depth of the shine..I love this stuff!

very easy on and off.

cheers

Looks great! Did you put the DWG on top of the UPGP or vice versa?

I went to the Danase website and laughed at the product description:

Warning: Wet Glaze leaves paint looking dripping wet and could cause the vehicles owner to continuously try and dry the vehicle. This could lead to premature wear and tear on your drying towels.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok I am in love with the Flex. 1st time using and here is a summary of what i did. took me over 6 hours (10-25 mins in eating breaks, some more time waiting for glaze and sealent to cure)

Note: After getting my Obsidian(black) Lexus es350 Ultra lux with nav-ML stereo etc at the end april I brought it to a car wash (supposedly boars head brush only -BS) they scratched the hell out of it with shallow surface scratches. using DWG and UPGP, ps21 carnuba wax the scratches were well hidden and the car shined. but to my eye at the right angle i could see them!!!

The flex took off 99.999995% (one scratch left in an awkward small area above door handle from kids ring i assumeI will use orange pad to remove in a week or so) of these scratches swirls etc...... :ph34r::cheers:

And I am happy to say my only hurt is my back, no hand issues with vibrations-which i heard a PC might do--i used flex on 3 passes in total

I was trying to capture pix of scratches but the car was to shiny from past apps of dwg and upgp i used a pc shade to cut down reflection and will post pix in the future in my albums...

Wash:

Grid bucket

Ultima wash

Clay:

sonus green clay

Polish:

Taped up with 3M tape

Glaze-Seal:

Wheels - Z16 by zaino

Inside -

Vacuumed with metro vac n blo-and used damp MF cloth to clean dash seats etc--plan to use sonus cockpit and ultima interior guard plus on Monday to finish interior

Wash:

Grid bucket

Ultima wash

Clay:

sonus green clay

Polish:

Taped up with 3M tape

Glaze-Seal:

Wheels - Z16 by zaino

Inside -

DWG 30 minutes to cure and than UPGP.

Ok, I'm going to order these and give them a try. You guys better be right! :angry: (LOL!)

• 2 weeks later...

CCS----

sorry did not get a note seeing this thread updated.... weird....

wow great job ...

agreed on the flex, I think it is a world of difference vs. the PC

did you use LC CCS pads or just the regular flat ones?

• 2 weeks later...
DWG 30 minutes to cure and than UPGP.

Ok, I'm going to order these and give them a try. You guys better be right! :angry: (LOL!)

Ok, well, I ordered the DWG and DPS. I don't know what went wrong with the order, but it took two and a half weeks to get here. Anyway, I just washed the car first and used Griot's paint prep to clean off all the wax and previous PS. I used a Griot's orange pad and started with #3 polish, and went over it twice. Then went to a #4 final polish. Then using Griot's red pad, speed setting 4, 1 coat of DWG, then hand remove with MF, then 1 coat of DPS, hand remove with MF, then 1 coat of DWG, and hand remove with MF. Then using an Adam's finishing MF towel, 2 full hand buffs all over the car.

I like the DWG stuff. Easy to work with, and really does look great. It smell like Grape bubble gum. It must be a theme, as the DPS smelled like Wrigleys spearmint gum. I took some pics, but I haven't uploaded them yet. I will later if you guys wanna see.

I tried to get some shots to show the finish, I don't know how well these show it or not. I'm not a very good photographer.

Picture168-1.jpg

Picture165.jpg

Picture164.jpg

Picture168.jpg

Picture169.jpg

Funny how in the last two photos of the first set, it looks as if you have chrome rocker panel covers.

That's probably cause I don't know how to take pictures very well. The pictures all seem to bluish grey to me. Maybe I have the wrong setting on the camera.

Anyway, I have a few rock chips on the front of the car, and a very small scratch on the passenger side. I think I just about have enouph to justify taking it to my guy to have them fixed now. ( He pretty much just charges me a flat rate), but his repairs are flawless! When he's done you can't even tell there was ever an issue there! So in a couple weeks I'll take it in have the chips and scratch fixed. One of the benefits of having a single stage paint.

I've had DWG and DPS on the car now for a week, and I have come to like this stuff even more now. Thanks guys for the advice! I'm happy . :)