Access To 3rd Brake Lights In Middle Back

leewei

I noticed that a bulb in my rear middle brake lights is out.

It seems that the access is from the trunk.

I see the panel that reaches the underside of the housing, but does not know how to remove the panel. It seems to be riveted rather than screwed.

Can someone point me the way to removing the panel? Or more accurately, my question is "how do I replace a blown bulb in the 3rd brake lights?"

Thank you!

My neighbor and I replaced a bulb in his 98 LS 400. We had to get into the brake light (third) from the top by removing the plastic housing that has tabs that kind of slide first and pop in. once the plastic housing was off we were able to take out the bulb housing to get to the bulbs. We did go to the underside (through the trunk) to release the wiring harness but all of this happened a while ago so my memory isn't sharp on this one. Nothing in the whole process was rivited. We pulled the trunk light lens out, pulled back the trunk liner along the top of the trunk, and took out the trunk light housing and boom we were there. We took it all apart just to take a look see. Did not take long at all.