97 Es 300 Fog Light

ixidesi

The bulb is a 55w H3 bulb.

There are several aftermarket bulbs that come in colors for this set up. Recently, on ebay, I have seen purple and green as the hot movers. I have to wonder if they are strictly for show as I do not see any functionality for these colors.

I switched out my stock fog bulbs for the PIAA Ion Crystals. These give off a yellow color which can be helpful in fog and recently as I found out, snow. These were about $30/bulb.

The GS actually has a yellow glass in the housing to give it the intense yellow color. The PIAA ion crystal is yellow but does not compare to the GS' yellow color. I don't know the IS housing stucture but I would assume that it is similar to the GS in that the yellow comes from the glass and not the bulb.

I'm almost 100% positive I've seen yellow H3 replacement fog light bulbs; Many cars (1st gen. LS400 in fact) have yellow fog lights but clear lenses, so I know that they're out there. I'm thinkin I saw em at Wal-Mart (?). Shouldn't be too hard to find, and they'd be almost identical if not exactly a match to the color you're lookin for. I'm just glad my 93 has stock yellow fogs! B)