Modifications To Audio System

pdolling

I recently purchased a 2005 RX330 - really wanted to find one with Mark Levinson, but did not happen. I am big on good audio. Can anyone suggest how I can modify the Lexus stock system (mostly with speakers, I guess) so that it sounds more like the Mark Levinson witih more bass, etc.? I just don't really know where to begin...

I don't know the exact specifics about the Lexus system, but I've modified many factory units. The cleanest and most effective way I've found to modify a factory system is to keep the factory head unit/changer/etc, but pull out the factory amp. Nearly all head units run line level to the factory amp, so you can just pull the factory amp, get a pin-out diagram for the wiring, and then pretty easily wire in a nice, higher-power aftermarket amp to drive your system. By using tinned-end speaker wire, you can essentially 'build' your own DIN style plug so you can retain the factory harnesses. Then you just match up your input signals with your output speaker lines with your new amp and you can build a pretty impressive system. You'll probably want to upgrade the sub to get more rich and deep sound, plus you'll probably want to run some component crossover hardware to keep your frequencies specific per speaker range.

I recently purchased a 2005 RX330 - really wanted to find one with Mark Levinson, but did not happen. I am big on good audio. Can anyone suggest how I can modify the Lexus stock system (mostly with speakers, I guess) so that it sounds more like the Mark Levinson witih more bass, etc.? I just don't really know where to begin...

I have a 2003 RX300 and I've always wanted to upgrade the stock stereo because I'm into good audio way back to the late 70's. Upgrade speakers, amp and sub and I think it will improve the whole soung at least 50%. I like the JL Audio line and $2000 will be a fair amount to spend on all the components. Maybe next year wehn I get my taxes.