Where Can I Find Replacement Instructions From The Front Seats?

lissandra69

I don't think you need a diagram. The seats are pretty self-contained and simple to replace. I'm pretty sure all you need to do is remove the skirts at the front of the seat, then unbolt the four anchors at each corner, disconnect the sensor/power-seat connections (which should be simple quick disconnects) and then remove the seat and replace. Just be careful, for those buggars are heavy!!

I don't think you need a diagram. The seats are pretty self-contained and simple to replace. I'm pretty sure all you need to do is remove the skirts at the front of the seat, then unbolt the four anchors at each corner, disconnect the sensor/power-seat connections (which should be simple quick disconnects) and then remove the seat and replace. Just be careful, for those buggars are heavy!!

Would be wise to disconnect the battery, right?

You don't need to disconnect the battery. Just unplug the harnesses under the seat.

All you need to do is unbolt the 4 that connect it to the floor, and it will come out. Be careful when getting them out, not to scratch anything elsewhere in the car. Also make sure to wear thick leather gloves, you'd be surprised how many sharp pieces of metal there are sticking out under the seat, you might catch your skin on it ;) (from personal experience...).

Oh yeah, one other tip. I would slide the seat all the way forward to get to the rear bolts, then slide it all the back to get to the front bolts, but before disconnecting the power, I would slide the seat back to a position where the tracks are as centered under the seat as possible. I would then use a small chunk of cardboard and packing tape and cover each 'foot' on the seat so you don't scratch anything upon removal like LexKid630 noted. Those seats are heavy, an even being careful you're bound to bump a door panel or pillar trim. Having those metal feet shielded will give a nice barrier for protection... plus you can move them to the new seats to cover the feet as you reinstall.

Hi,

I am trying to replace the front seats with a newer set that I had purchased. Where can I find detailed instructions with diagrams for a safe and successful replacement? :(

Hi, Where did u get your seats from ? and also we they custom designed or OEM ? thanks

Jay in NYC